Who pioneered with the promise of having 'Jehovah provide' and ended up dirt poor anyway?

by Julia Orwell 66 Replies latest jw friends

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

Well, I have aux pioneered many times in the past.

• Brother of the Hawk
    Brother of the Hawk

I did. I loved it, it did create a hardship as expected. But what I loved about it was this. On those days when I had to work alone I only took the bible to the door. I aksed the HH if he ever wanted to ask a JW about the bible or any other related question about the bible I would be glad to answer It for him. I did leave myself wide open, but man oh man did I ever get into some discussions. It must also be noted that most HH did not want to talk about the bible. With or without a Wt the HH did not want to be bothered with. Go figure!!

Affectionately; Brother of the Hawk ( I will surrender my mind no more, forever)

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Well they don't want to talk religion and find it intrusive when someone comes to their door. Pioneers though get to hang out a cup of tea return visits! funny how so few people actually want to pioneer. They do it out of obligation or pressure or fear.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

btt for new people

• Jazzbo
    Jazzbo

I will never forget one Pioneer couple that was on the stage at the Circuit Assembly being held up as an example because they had one child, both pioneered and he only worked two days a week. Course I knew the guy, knew that Dadddy bought his house and that he made more money in two days than most people sitting there made in two weeks because he was also working for Daddy who was very well off. Heard a couple sitting in front of me who were obviously poor as church mice say, "If they can do it, we should be able to do it." It was nauseating. Didn't hold it against the guy because he was OK, but the CO knew the whole story and chose to only tell part of it.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

I knew a couple with four kids who pioneered and weren't that poor. Reason: he was an embezzler! And they lived in government housing and probably got parenting payments for their four kids. Pioneering on taxpayers' money.

• RottenRiley
    RottenRiley

Who has not fallen for that trap, I knew friends with terminal illnesses who thought Pioneering would assure them a Resurrection, how sick in the head do you think the elders were who encouraged a inactive man with cancer to preach with a Chemo-Bag and Morphine cart from door-to-door?

Shit, "Here come's Father Death" the householders would say!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit