Yesterday's WT Study par 17

by leaving_quietly 43 Replies latest watchtower bible

• 00DAD
    00DAD

SFB: Well sure 00DAD but they don't murder dissenters as the Nazis did of course.

Not literally, but they do spiritually. Disfellowshipping is the theocratic equivalent of murder. When I was disfellowshipped my own son said, "You're dead to me!" Nice, huh?

Now I understand where he got the crap, but it still doesn't make it easy to take.

Many of us here, myself included, have commented that elders have told them, "If we were under the Mosaic Law we'd take you outside and stone you to death!"

00DAD

• dreamgolfer
    dreamgolfer

SBF -

You comment - "Detlef Garbe came up with the 1,200 figure. I don't think there are centralised records on who the Nazis killed, JWs or otherwise. That's why it's impossible to be precise about the numbers killed."

There are "Centralised records" - while very close to the number researched by the DC Holocaust Musuem - their researchers do a great job and provide much details (of which I Was not even apprised) is not far off. You may feel free to contact them to support this comment.

However, one must be careful not to believe ALL we read in books.

Something most people are not aware - Detlef Garbe's "TRANSLATED ENGLISH version "Between Resistance & Martydom" from 2008 varies in details and comments from the First original in German.

That could be attributed to many reasons we will never know-

One thing that stands out, and we know for a FACT - and makes any critical thinking person take note, is that on the page prior to the "preface pages" on page "xi" under the title - Translator's Note - the Translator, Dagmar G. Grimm - makes some astonishing claims and thank you's that make one wonder how "subjective" could this English Translation be and makes you ask why the changes occured from the original text.

Funny, i wonder if people ask the same question of the Bible and NWT?

I won't go any farther, but based on personal experience, I have be careful before I take for granted numbers, details and opinions of those who were not there and only relying on the interpretation of others.

Liberties are always taken with quotes and comments, but the original thread Question stands as accurate - it's all for a manipulation -

There was MUCH manipulation on behalf of the WTBTS with regards to how they want information viewed at the Holocaust Musuem, one has to just go there to see it.

Come to DC and I will meet you for a cup of Tea!

• xfasfdsfg
    xfasfdsfg

The Dalai Lama has told Buddhists that if it will save their lives to renounce him, he can take it. Why can't all of the other "great" beings take it Cheap Karen MillenKaren Millen Satin DressKaren Millen SkirtKaren Millen Solid Color

• Scott77
    Scott77

Great thread, wow, you people are smart. Here you go. We need to did deeper to uncover the truth about the truth.

Scott77

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit