Yesterday's WT Study par 17

by leaving_quietly 43 Replies latest watchtower bible

• leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

I marked down "research" next to this paragraph w13 1/15 p.11 par. 17), and have yet to do so fully.

"Modern Christians held in Nazi concentration camps with possible death facing them were given repeated opportunities to gain their freedom by signing a declaration renouncing Jehovah."

Was the declaration to renounce Jehovah? I ask because there's a big difference between renouncing one's religion and renouncing Jehovah (a sticking point that we here know all too well.) I thought I had once seen a photo of this declaration, so I'm going to try to find it later. However....

w07 9/1 p. 10: "The SS guards made me an offer. I could be released from the camp and even become an officer in the Nazi army on one condition. “You must renounce the Bible Students’ ideas, which are hostile to the Third Reich.” No other prisoners received a comparable offer. Only Jehovah’s Witnesses were given the opportunity to escape the camps." (A life story)

w06 4/1 p. 23 par. 10: "For example, in the Buchenwald concentration camp of Nazi Germany, Witnesses who refused to renounce their faith were required to sign the following printed statement: “I am still a committed Bible Student and will never break the oath I have sworn to Jehovah."

w00 4/1 p. 19 par. 5: "Thousands were thrown into concentration camps because they refused to renounce their faith."

w97 4/15 p. 16 par. 9: "The courage the vast majority displayed in refusing [to renounce their religion],..."

w83 5/1 p. 14 par. 9: "From the time of arrest and repeatedly throughout the internment of Jehovah’s Witnesses in Nazi concentration camps, efforts were made to force them to renounce Jehovah and refuse to have any further contact with his people."

w76 2/15 p. 115 par. 9: "What about the modern examples of those that have remained friends with God? Wouldn’t you like to imitate the loyalty and endurance of your brothers who have withstood the brunt of dictatorships like Hitler’s Nazi regime or the Communist types, because they would not renounce their friendship with Jehovah?"

w72 3/1 p. 144 par. 17: "Just as previously when the Witnesses were persecuted under the Nazi regime, Jehovah’s witnesses are suffering similarly on the other side of the Iron Curtain, where the Communists have employed severe persecution to break their integrity. In many instances those endeavoring to maintain faithfulness are brought before fellow-worker courts and threatened with loss of job, allotment, home, pension, and so forth, if they do not publicly renounce their religion."

w64 12/15 p. 746 par. 27: "They were thrown into prisons and the horrible concentration camps for refusing to renounce God’s kingdom and to worship the Nazi State."

w57 5/15 p. 310 par. 18: "But right knowledge does stir those who have it to tell it out to others, to stand firm against persecution and even to face death rather than renounce their faith, as many of Jehovah’s witnesses have done under the violent Nazi and Communist persecutions, where even leaders of other religions capitulated!"

w54 12/1 p. 724-725 par. 17: "It is a familiar story about the fight for freedom fought by Jehovah’s witnesses to preach in Nazi- and Fascist-dominated lands from 1933 to 1945. Thousands were thrown into the concentration camps. Many were tortured and killed. Countless numbers died because of their loyalty to Jehovah God. They could have lived had they chosen to renounce the name of Jehovah God."

Did the declaration ask them to renounce both their faith AND Jehovah? If anyone knows where I can find a copy of that declaration, it would be helpful putting this to rest.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Thank you for posting this thread. I wondered the same thing.

You're absolutely right, there is a big difference between renouncing one's religion and renouncing Jehovah.

I'm thinking the Third Reich didn't particularly care if someone wanted to worship Yehovah. But they certainly didn't like the Bibelforscher.

Does anyone have a scan of the declaration and an English translation?

Seems like more WT revisionist history.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

So people went to their death, (sometimes in the most horrific ways), because they wouldn't renounce a religion who's principles, ideals, and rules have for the most part, changed.

So what did these people die for?

• Sulla
    Sulla

When they say "modern Christians," they mean JWs specifically in exclusion of people like Max Kolbe.

Fuck 'em. JWs can all die in a fire.

• Gopher
    Gopher
    "Modern Christians held in Nazi concentration camps with possible death facing them were given repeated opportunities to gain their freedom by signing a declaration renouncing Jehovah."

The Watchtower has convinced today's Witnesses that the organization = Jehovah, and vice-versa. They do not clearly define their terms, for example to them "the Lord" can mean either God or Jesus.

If you renounce the organization (according to their reasoning) you renounce Jehovah, and vice-versa.

• wasblind
    wasblind

I"m unable to scan it . But if anybody have a copy of the proclaimers book

they will find that declaration on page 661 on the right side of that page

I hope some one can scan it for you

• Caminante
    Caminante

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/a0/Nazi_JWrenunciationdocument.jpg

I, _____ , born on ______ in ______ declare the following:

1. I recognized that the International Bible Students Association spreads out erroneous teachings, and pursues anti-state goals under the cloak of its religious activity

2. For this reason I disassociated myself fully and completely of this organization and I also released myself psychologically off this cult.

3. Thus I guarantee that I will never ever activate for the IBSA. I will denounce any person who approaches me with the heresies of the Bibelforscher or by any means let me know they are Bibelforscher. I will submit to the nearest police station any piece of Bibelforscher literature sent to me.

4. I will henceforth obey the laws of the state, especially in case of wars I will defend my motherland with the weapon in hand and I will submit myself in the ranks of the people's association.

5. I have been informed that I will face arrest again if I revoke today's declaration.

Place, date, signature

So there was literally nothing about Jehovah involved there. It involved resignation from being committed to the teachings of the Watch Tower Society.

• leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

Thanks, wasblind and Caminante.

Unbelievable. (no, no really anymore)

• wasblind
    wasblind

In the proclaimers book on page 663 the WTS bragg about Witnesses bein' model prisoners

and that they cleaned the homes and baby sat for the Germans who held them prisoners

The WTS also boast about bein trusted wit' the German loot. Yep , they said "Loot "

because the Germans knew that the Jehovah's witnesses were honest

enough to protect the stolen goods . LOL

• wasblind
    wasblind

You can bet that those model prisoners tried to convinced others that it's better to

" Wait on Jehovah " instead of the allied forces

Think of how many more would have died needlessly

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit