A question for the English

by apostate man 28 Replies latest jw friends

• Nemesis
    Nemesis

Oh, I forgot, Faggot also means a type of sausage/meatloaf [liver, spices, herbs and pork] or it can mean a bundle of sticks!
    Some more are here:
    http://www.accomodata.co.uk/amlish.htm

• sleepy
    sleepy

Seeing that this question is for the English I carn't answer as I'm Welsh.
    Baa Baa
    Oh sod it.The Welsh are better than the English because they smell.
    Oh yeh theve got a queen ruling over them , what a bunch of puffs.

• ballistic
    ballistic

I will never forgive the Americans for Macdonalds.

2 things though...

American TV and commercials are mostly regarded as cheap trash. Other than one or two pieces of genius such as star trek.

Also, about the American War of whatever it was, it is not covered in much detail in our education system due to the fact that the English have a much longer and more elaborate history to study.

• apostate man
    apostate man
    Also, about the American War of whatever it was, it is not covered in much detail in our education system due to the fact that the English have a much longer and more elaborate history to study.

Thats a good point that I never thought about. I do not remember how much in detail our schools went into this subject. Other than all the stuff about the Declaration of Independance. I have recently seen a good show on Discovery about the American Revolt. Was England, in the old days, as ruthless as depicted in some of those Mel Gibson movies? (BTW, Mel is an Aussie, for those of you who don't know.)

One more thang. I have met two, and ONLY two, English face to face, that I can remember. Both were dicks. Obviously they do not represent the entire population of England, but at the same time gave me a bad impression. I had to work with one of them for three loooooong months.

My sincere condolances on the passing of the Queen today. We as Americans are not infactuated with your royalty. I think most of us agree that Di,for example, was way overrated. A land mine charity effort??? whats that about??

Most USA TV commercials are cheap trash and I wish we could get rid of them.

• apostate man
    apostate man
    We haven't lost a war since 1066.

So you still rule a third of the world?

• ballistic
    ballistic

The Queen Mother has died, not the Queen.

• Englishman
    Englishman
    So you still rule a third of the world?

Nope! This is all we have left:

Anguilla, Bermuda, British Indian Ocean Territory, British Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands, Falkland Islands, Gibraltar, Guernsey, Jersey, Isle of Man, Montserrat, Pitcairn Islands, Saint Helena, South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands, Turks and Caicos Islands, United States of America.

Oops, delete that last one, no-one is supposed to know about that except You Know and Larouche.

Englishman.

• ballistic
    ballistic

Hey E-man, don't forget the British Antarctic Teritories.

• apostate man
    apostate man

OOPS, I just realized that. Mother not Queen. You rule the US? Since when? All of those Islands make up about 1/39000 of the land mass in the world.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit