The results of the 2012 survey are published, and the new 2013 survey is now online!

by cedars 45 Replies latest jw friends

• MMXIV
    MMXIV

cedars, great work!

Whilst we can all make guesses about who is likely or unlikely to complete such a survey the results do offer some interesting insights into which issues loom large for the doubting or ex-JW community.

The high % of ex-JW's who are being shunned by at least one relative suggests a strong reason why so many of us are still interested in having a voice about JW's and happy to complete your survey.

I also strongly believe that this simple process to make some confidential comment were available in the JW world it would provide no less shocking results (assuming those partaking embraced the spirit of honesty with themselves).

Like the number of annointed I'm sure the partakers of your survey will increase each year.

mmxiv

• QueenWitch
    QueenWitch

I will take the new survey.

I know you realize that that the survey is not "scientific" but I like the fact that EXers and JWs have a voice. The data is very interesting. Even from the active JWs. If for some reason they found their way to the site, why would they lie? In fact, there must be some active ones who are happy with JW life.

Anywoo, thanks for the site and your work.

• cedars
    cedars

Thanks for those comments guys!

I get an email every time someone takes the survey. So far I've had 178 such emails, which means we have already taken 12% of last year's final vote count inside the first 48 hours! That's very encouraging indeed.

Cedars

• cedars
    cedars

It's great to see that over a third of last year's final total (1,488) have already voted in the 2013 survey - 503 votes in just three weeks!

Huge thanks to everyone who has taken part so far...

Cedars

• moshe
    moshe
    Three quarters of all inactive Witness voters experience "pre-emptive shunning" even though they are not disfellowshipped

-

Only 5% of active Witness voters agreed with ALL Watchtower beliefs and practices

This shows me that the people who took this survey proabably weren't the JWs who were doing all this shunning, which means that very few faithful JWs took this survey.-for if 95% of the active JWs disagreed with all the WT dogma, they would be smart enough to disregard the shunning part , too.

Most of the fading JWs here are pretending to be active witnesses- phoney time reports, etc, and as such could categorize themselves as active JWs on this poll . Just how many of the JWs who stumbled onto cedars poll are real disenchanted JWs is anyone's guess.

Someone should attempt a random survey of JWs near a summer convention- like at a hotel and report those results for comparison.

• *lost*
    *lost*

bumped

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit