The results of the 2012 survey are published, and the new 2013 survey is now online!

by cedars 45 Replies latest jw friends

• cedars
    cedars

Hi everyone

For those of you who are following our annual JW global survey, you will be pleased to know that the results have been published, and are available on the link below...

http://jwsurvey.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/2012-JW-Survey-Results.pdf

I have written a brief article listing some of the more shocking stats as follows...

• Only 5% of active Witness voters agreed with ALL Watchtower beliefs and practices
    • 70% of inactive voters stopped attending meetings because they no longer believe that Jehovah’s Witnesses are the true religion
    • 61% of unbaptized voters believe Jehovah’s Witnesses are a cult
    • 31% of anointed voters do not believe 144,000 is a literal number
    • 65% of active Witness voters believe some apostates may have legitimate concerns
    • 31% of serving elder voters consider themselves to be “secret apostates”
    • 60% of former Witness “apostate” voters have nothing against Jehovah’s Witnesses but would like to see the Watch Tower Society dissolved
    • 49% of active Witness voters would either openly or secretly accept a blood transfusion
    • 60% of active Witness voters object to all forms of shunning
    • Three quarters of former Witness voters say they are being shunned by JW family members
    • 84% of inactive Witness voters would leave the organization if shunning were abolished
    • Three quarters of all inactive Witness voters experience “pre-emptive shunning” even though they are not disfellowshipped
    • Half of all serving elder voters feel elders are motivated by a desire for prominence and an ambition to succeed
    • More than 80% of active Witness voters DON’T believe elders are appointed by Holy Spirit
    • 58% of serving elder voters regret a decision they have reached on a judicial committee
    • Two thirds of active Witness voters don’t believe Jehovah’s Witnesses represent God’s spirit-directed organization
    • 81% of all voters have known or heard of a Jehovah’s Witness committing or attempting suicide
    • 60% of inactive voters experienced marital or family problems through their decision to become inactive

You will also be pleased to hear that the 2013 JW global survey is now online!

I would urge as many as possible to take part in our new survey, which has been enhanced to implement some of the suggestions we received from those taking part in last year's poll.

Anyway, I hope you find the 2012 results helpful and enjoy taking part in our new survey.

By all means share your thoughts on the results on this thread, not to mention any suggestions that will help make the 2014 survey better still!

Cedars

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

Thanks!!

• jgnat
    jgnat

It looks to me that Witnesses and inactive Witnesses are regular people with an expected percentage with beliefs and concerns contrary to the party line. So much for being the most unified organization on earth.

• Dismissing servant
    Dismissing servant

Yes..but, how did you Cedars select the respondants? I think some figures are overestimated.....maybe the most loyal JW are less prone to participate in studies like yours? But I think it anyhow shows some interesting tendencies.

• jgnat
    jgnat

DS, I am sure, as Cedars advertised for respondents but of course could not advertise at the Kingdom Halls.

• cedars
    cedars

Dismissing servant

Yes..but, how did you Cedars select the respondants?

I didn't select the voters. Myself and Juan Viejo2 just made the site available. The survey is open to all Witnesses whether they are loyal to the organization or not. Of course, by definition, a truly loyal Witness won't venture onto our website because the Society bans him or her from doing so - but that doesn't mean we shouldn't extend the opportunity for these ones to have their say if they can overcome their fears.

Even if the survey is overrun with non-typical Witnesses who have already figured out the flaws in JW doctrine, the survey is still "interesting" as you say. It gives us some means of quantifying just how many dissenters there are within Witness ranks.

If nothing else, the survey's very existence is an act of defiance against the Governing Body's authority. That reason alone is sufficient motivation for me to keep it going.

Cedars

• Dismissing servant
    Dismissing servant

Yes, of course I hope you keep it going, I think it is a good survey, with well posed questions. I was just a bit surprized with some percentages. But, I do really think we can spot some tendencies among the JW-population.

Nice work, Cedars. I hope i didn't offend you with my question.

• cedars
    cedars

Dismissing servant

Nice work, Cedars. I hope i didn't offend you with my question.

Not at all, I'm glad you asked it!!

Cedars

• LV101
    LV101

Cedars --- this is amazing! Especially love the stat of 31% of elders are "secret apostates." Makes my day! God speed to this category.

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

Thanks for all your continued work on this Cedars. It's interesting and affirming to see the statistics laid out in black and white so to speak, even if the responders to the survey aren't your typical dyed in the wool JW, the survey results do have merit. I'm glad you send them in to HQ. Who knows what effect that might have on the few individuals who see them?

You'd think the Society would do a survey of its own among it's members if they truly wanted to know how well things are going in JW land. Then again,it's not a democracy they are running. What their members may or may not think about anything is likely of little concern to them. So long as they are convinced they are runniing Gods Organisation, the members will continue to be expected to conform to it, rather than the other way around.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit