Is trying to awaken a JW tantamount to "robbing him of his bliss"??

by never a jw 27 Replies latest jw friends

• 00DAD
    00DAD

You can't rob someone of something they do not have.

• never a jw
    never a jw

A Biblie Student,

I got the book, but it's a subject that is hard for me to get interested in. I have read the "Gentile Times Reconsidered" few times, That's me, that's my subject.

After reading many posts about Hassan's books, reading the book is a must for me. I just wish mind games, persuasion and psychology were my thing.They are not. I have to work hard at it.

My objective essentially is to spread real truth. I am coming to the conclusion that religion brings more harm than good.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    It's like revealing to a child that Santa Claus is not real.

No, it's like revealing to an ADULT that Santa Claus is not real.

I don't even know if that's a good analogy, but people have to face reality.

Better yet, someone is in love and doesn't even admit all the pain their loved one is putting them through, taking advantage of them.
    They need to be told, "She's a gold-digger." "He's cheating on you." "If they really loved you, they wouldn't be so secretive."

Everyone deserves to know the truth about the lies.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

never a jw: am coming to the conclusion that religion brings more harm than good.

By George, I think he's got it!

A friend of mine recently said, "The problem with religion is the people." I thought that was ironic considering religion is a man-made thing!

• Mum
    Mum

Interesting thoughts.

When I first became a JW at age 15, I remember my Aunt Ruth sitting down with me and asking why the local Baptist Church wasn't good enough. I was at the "know-it-all" age, not to mention brainwashed, naive, and uninformed.

Another time, one of the people I was studying with referred to the U.S. government with the question, "It's 200 years old, but it's the best?" I'm pretty sure this was a veiled reference to the fact that the WTS was even younger than the U.S., so how could they be "the best?"

Once a lady at the door told me I was "more wrong than a Russian spy leader."

It may be better to frame your questions indirectly and not specificially about the WT, like the example above about the newest philosophy being the best.

• WishingLiz
    WishingLiz

He likes the dream I guess, because you're not 'robbing' him of anything he really has....he doesn't want to be woken up...yet

• blondie
    blondie

Knowledge is power............

• raymond frantz
    raymond frantz

Most young JWs are attracted from the wide social circle that a JW community can offer ,they don't understand many of the issues as they are well hidden.A safe amount of religiosity will hide them from their eyes for many years to come .It is only after they settle down have families that they might start questioning .Your text will be ignored by the conscious but will be engraved in the unconscious as a splinter ready to cause awakening at the right time under the right conditions

"I know exactly how you feel. Let me tell you why you're here. You're here because you know something. What you know you can't explain, but you feel it. You've felt it you're entire life, that there's something wrong with the world. You don't know what it is, but it's there, like a splinter in your mind, driving you mad. It is this feeling that brought you here. Do you know what I'm talking about? "-MATRIX

• flipper
    flipper

" Is trying to awaken a JW tantamount to " robbing him of his bliss " ? No. Trying to awaken a JW is tantamount to giving him or her freedom of mind and awakening them from a mind control hell perpetrated by a devious high control and manipulative organization that doesn't have their best interests at heart

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

So I'm assuming "never a JW" as your handle means you were never in the org, right? So where does #1 get off calling you an apostate? Maybe he needs a little eduacation as to what the term means.

Anyway, I say good work. The initial reaction is always defensive, but that stuff will sit there in their heads now. Anytime you call them out on a doctrine and it gets brought up at a meeting or an assembly, a tiny part of their brain has to remember what you said and deal with it. Now most times it just gets shoved back into the back of their head, but you never know - they may investigate someday.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit