Why did the organization stop providing food during conventions?

by redvip2000 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• vajeni82
    vajeni82

Probably for the same reason that they are "allowing" people to print PDFs of their publications. MONEY. Why spend it on something they don't hae to?

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

There were a lot of reasons really but of course the only reason the WTS. announced is the one which indicates spiritual strength to its members.

The WTS is all about selecting what information they choose to use for its mind controlled robots.

There must have been many people who constantly volunteered for food services who were agasped at the thought that they

now had to sit and listen to all the secessions throughout the Assembly.

I know I would if I was there at the time.

• Theocratic Sedition
    Theocratic Sedition

Stopped providing food?!?!?!? Seriously? There's more food than ever at the conventions but it's not the physical kind you want. Rather it's the spiritual kind you need. Happy are those especially conscious of their need for the food dispensed at the conventions.

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5

It was one of Satan's Snares

• prologos
    prologos

even Jesus gave up after two tries, then cut back to 13. now, patterned after that, food and drink is only for the increasing remnant.

• moshe
    moshe
    Sikh Temples serve food for free, and so do Buddahists and Hindus,

I wonder if there is a smartphone app-- free food finder, to help locate the nearest temple for travelers-

• moshe
    moshe

--as I think back, my 12 yr old son mentioned around 1992-3 about all the free hoagies, burritos, chips at the summer conventions- I knew that would never last- JWs are C-H-E-A-P and no way would contributions from publishers cover the cost of the food.

• smiddy
    smiddy

I think it was more likely the threat of being sued by someone getting food poisining than anything .I and another brother were responsible for tea & coffee making at circuit assemblys ,and on one occasion we brewed coffee made with a high percentage of milk in it which we subsequently burnt ,so we passed it off as a new variety of coffee which we were trying.I dont think everyone beleived us but they still drank it .The coffee was free with the meal.These urns were about 40 or 50 litres and required to males to carry them.At cicuit assemblys I was known by some, not as a key man, but a T man.

smiddy

• mP
    mP

The faithful dont get hungry for physical food when they are gorged out on spiritual food.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I loved the food as a kid. Volunteering for food prep was a dream. As I grew I used to crane my neck to cater

Neck see details. Perhaps the food had Jehovah's blessing b/c all a government inspector would need to see was in plain sight. There had to be food poisoning.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit