OH POOR RUTHERFORD! Not!

by clarity 16 Replies latest watchtower bible

• krejames
    krejames

WOW Thanks for posting this. That statement about the Finished Mystery being rushed out to "fulfill prophecy" is amazing if it's backed up by evidence. I'll need to do some research on the significance of the three years etc (Rev book says nine months??) Great stuff. thanks

• whichway2go
    whichway2go

That article is very interesting, how can it be verified? I'd like to use it as discussion point, but need more than a internet article. Are the court documents available somehow, or any other thoughts?

• whichway2go
    whichway2go

Just saw the last sentenct in the article, sorry. I am PM'ing the poster.

• blondie
    blondie

A section of the Finished Mystery was removed.

How many jws know this? I didn't until I came to JWN.

*** w55 5/1 pp. 266-267 Part 9—Postwar Revival of the Witnesses ***

In 1919 and thereafter all this began to change for a brilliant, divinely blessed future. The anointed witnesses as a loosely united community came to life again after the almost fatal blow from the Gentile governments in 1914-1918, the facts of which were fully examined in our previous part (8) of this history. As a restored Christian community they immediately confessed their sins of compromising, also their taints of false religion. They repented of their former course, expressed a desire to change their ways and prayed for Jehovah’s forgiveness. Organizationally they remembered their sins, such as compromisingly cutting out pages 247-253 of The Finished Mystery, their seventh volume of Studies in the Scriptures, to please would-be censors, The Watch Tower encouraging its readers to set aside May 30, 1918, as a day of prayer and supplication as requested by the American Congress on April 2 and as proclaimed by President Wilson May 11, their tendering of compliments to governments of this world, and their dabbling in nonreligious enterprises.

*** w87 5/1 p. 27 Looking Back Over 93 Years of Living ***There were eight pages of The Finished Mystery that contained quotations of what prominent figures had adversely declared regarding warfare. Under incitement by the religious organizations of Christendom, Catholic and Protestant, the United States government raised objections, so pages 247-54 were cut out. Thereafter, when The Finished Mystery was offered to the people, an explanation was made to them as to why these pages were missing. The United States government did not remain satisfied with this move, and under further incitement by the religious organizations of the land, it banned the entire seventh volume of Studies in the Scriptures.

In 1926 George Fisher urged German ecclesias to disfellowship J.F. Rutherford, but Fisher died later that year.

And the 1927 edition of The Finished Mystery had the Ezekiel section (the part Fisher wrote) removed.

So does anyone have those original pages, 247-254?

• Larsinger58
    Larsinger58

OMG! I can't believe it. The copy I have is the 1917 edition! So I have the copy that still has those pages!

Here's one quote, clearly Rutherford giving his personal view (Page 250): "If you tell me that this war is fought for the integrity of intrnational law, I must ask you why it is directed only against Germany and not also against England, which is an equal, although far less terrible, violator of covenants between nations?"

ROFL! If ever there was a politically oriented rant! The WTS started dabbling in political banter during a war and so they got indicted. Now they are turning the story around saying they should have stuck to their guns and not removed those pages -- pages any JW today would know never belonged in any religious publication of theirs in the first place. Witnesses are now totally apolitical! Not the case in 1917, obviously.

BTW, Rutherford always took personal credit for everything written whlie he was president. This was unlike Russell who, much like today, did not take personal credit for much of the publications although he signed off on articles in "Zion's Watchtower." When Rutherford died, this embarrassing practice was ended so that no individual now gets credit for anything coming out of WTS headquarters.

• clarity
    clarity

Hi ... so glad that I bumped this .... such mind changing info.

>

For those wanting original docs on this ...seems to me

Barbara Andersons web site has them (??) give it a try or

write a note to Barbara.

clarity

• wisdomfrombelow
    wisdomfrombelow

Does anyone know the name of the officer that was released and not sent to jail? Is the list of the 7 others readily available?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit