She bashed me with the Watchtower then UNFRIENDED me!

by Julia Orwell 19 Replies latest jw friends

• cedars
    cedars

Julia, I admire your enthusiasm, but this is hardly keeping a low profile!!

As tempting as it may be, if you want to fade successfuly you can't mention anything to anyone. You know where their loyalties lie.

Cedars

• franticfran
    franticfran

What is this shepherd book I keep hearing about it?? I want one!! Oh Julia,look on the bright side,you never have to engage with her again,Im at the stage,where when they walk in my house I walk out,my head cant even cope with the "nice" ones being there,and I get to sleep without bad dreams.

• gingerbread
    gingerbread

You'll find personal happiness if you choose to surround yourself with shiny happy people.

We are trained to be judgemental, dogmatic and ultimately unhappy. This causes us to cling to the promises of the WT and to the people in the little kingdom hall "lifeboat."

• trujw
    trujw

Your post got me thinking. Why not post watchtowers with no comment like 8-15-68 and maybe the one on this generation will by no means pass away 5-1-1984 ! As long as you stand firm and don't make any comments how could anyone council you for posting watchtowers? I wish I was still a jw I would be posting on Facebook right now old watchtowers if any one asks you could just say things like "I was encouraged by this watchtower article" and just that don't say anything else. What do you guys think?

• trujw
    trujw

Sorry to post again but new idea. Why not post old lite like you dont know that it changed and be a uber jw. Quote the old watchtowers about the literal heart being able think then go on and on about how great and wise the gb is and see if someone corrects you. Then you can apologize on fb for being wrong but then it's all out their for them to see.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

She refriended me and the debate has continued...but in light of Cedars and others' counsel, I might just delete it and try to be more discreet. I naturally am the sort of person who must speak out of the heart's abundance, and my heart has an abundance of fire and brimstone against the poison of the WT and because I can't say it in the hall or to others, I guess it's manifesting itself on Facebook.

I've deleted anything that could be deemed critical or apostate.

Also, can someone email me the Shepherd the Flock book? PM me.

• Mum
    Mum

That's funny! LOL! Anyway, Julia, you're headed in the right direction now. You don't have to defend what you believe to anyone else. If they criticize your beliefs, just agree to disagree.

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

Julia.....stop it.

You are not dealing with reasonable people. Once the red flag goes up, it stays up.

• goatshapeddemon
    goatshapeddemon

This happened to me. Finally I gave up. She unfriended me, and then refriend-requested me. I told her it was only going to happen again, so I thought it would be better if we stayed unfriended on FB. My general approach has been to make the few JW friends I have left on FB unfriend me, but in certain cases it has been better to force the issue. We got accused of apostasy just for saying what the bible said. Unreasoning ding dongs.

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

There are many ways to engage with active Witnesses on the internet. Opening an account on Facebook with your JWN username, or going on to Topix or Yahoo Answers is a good way debate, and maybe let off some steam without compromising your identity.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit