She bashed me with the Watchtower then UNFRIENDED me!

by Julia Orwell 19 Replies latest jw friends

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

All I've done is posted scriptures on my Facebook page for discussion. This uber-JW 'friend' has engaged me in debate, each time cutting and pasting a whole bunch of WT quotes on whatever our topic is, and I've responded with scriptures and she could only answer with another WT quote, and now today I see she's unfriended me! All her comments are gone too. WOW she must think I'm an apostate. How can one be an apostate if all one's done is quote scripture? The shunning begins...no big loss in her case. She even shuns at least 6 of her 7 children that I know of.

It begins. She may even phone my congregation's elders. But, I've made sure my FB page has nothing bona-fide 'apostate', only WT and Bible quotes.

How did it begin for you?

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

I can only cite her comments from memory now, but you may find this interesting: Original status: John 3:3) In answer Jesus said to him: “Most truly I say to you, Unless anyone is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.”

• JW - And who is annointed? And how?
    • Me: In the spirit. Those to whom the spirit bears witness, saying, Abba! Father!
    • JW- something about 144000
    • Me: Therefore the rest of us will not see the kingdom of God, unless u have another scripture for me JW: [Botch-tower excerpt about what it 'really' means to be 'born again' for all us Earthikins and salvation is not the same as eternal life]
    • Me: So it's saying yes we are born again but not in the spirit? Into a set of moral guidelines. Is not John 3:16 talking about eternal life for believers? Is this not the same as salvation from 'the wages sin pays...death'?
    • JW: [more WT cut and paste] JW: Actually read it rather than skimming through it, and actually look up the cited scriptures! Me: Done and done. My questions for discussion stand. I. Love our discussion. Me: How do u know I've not been anointed ?
    </form>

[JW unfriends me at this point.] Which is good, because I'm sick of her attacking every me over every scripture I quote on MY page.

Anything apostate here folks, apart from questioning assumptions?

</form>

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Sorry abouts the formatting. Something to do with copying and pasting from FB.

• zeb
    zeb

did she once ...ever make a quote from her heart? Does she have any creative hobby?

You say she has shunned her own kids?

The lady has problems and she is hiding behind the wall of religion. Think of the good you could be doing for yourself or another now no longer wasting time with this one.

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

I guess she was not a real friend in the first place.

Bangalore

• FingersCrossed
    FingersCrossed

You should have unfriended her first and blocked her..

• Satanus
    Satanus

How dare you get anointed without going through the proper channels, ie, the wt org;) That prolly pushed her over the edge. Anyhow, the loss is hers.

S

• Pickler
    Pickler

Miss Julia, you don't need that kind of interaction in your life...good riddance

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Seems you did more than just quote scriptures. That's apostate talk that is. Why are you surprised at her response?

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

Julia, I would recommend downloading the 'Shepherd' book if you haven't done so already. In theory you could possibly be DF'ed for

• Deliberately spreading teachings contrary to Bible truth as taught by Jehovah’s Witnesses:
    • Causing divisions and promoting sects: This would be deliberate action disrupting the unity of the congregation or undermining the confidence of the brothers in Jehovah's arrangement.
    It may involve or lead to apostasy.

i.e. frightening the sheep.

Even if you want to DA or be DF'ed, it should be at a time that is convenient for you- not because some control-freak 'sister' has reported you to the elders...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit