A conversation about universal sovereignty

by outsmartthesystem 37 Replies latest watchtower bible

• outsmartthesystem
    outsmartthesystem

"Well OSTS, Satan, through Adam challenged God's right to rule......so God had to let it play out to show that He really SHOULD be the one ruling mankind. Both the angels and humans needed to see this. "

Me - Why couldn't God have allowed Adam's children to remain perfect? That way other humans AND the angels could both watch Adam grow old and die.....thus learning the lesson. Besides.....this would have also prevented God from punishing generation after generation of innocent humans for one man's sin.

"Well OSTS.....you see......Adam's children weren't born until AFTER Adam had sinned.....therefore sin was inherited and it spread to all future generations."

Me - But God can fix that in the future.....in the new system, right?

"Yes OSTS! Exactly"

Me - So.....why didn't he just do as I suggested.....and allow Adam's children to remain perfect. I mean if he can make imperfect people perfect in the future.....why couldn't he do it back then?

"Well OSTS......it is just like a dented baking pan. Once the pan has a dent.....all future loaves baked in that pan will contain the same error. "

Me - Yeah....I get that.......But "with God all things are possible", right? Are you telling me God couldn't figure out how to NOT make sin pass from ONE man to ONE child but in the future he is going to figure out how to do that with MILLIONS of people? He couldn't figure out how to remove that dent back then......but in the future he will be able to remove the dent?

"Well OSTS.....it is certainly not a matter of Jehovah not being able to figure it out. Obviously He knows all. That just isn't what His plan was. His plan is to fix the dent in the new system. "

Me - So although He could have fixed the dent thousands of years ago.....thus sparing billions of lives and agony and pain etc etc.......while still showing that He is truly the universal sovereign by allowing Adam and ONLY Adam to grow old and die.......he chose not to? He chose to punish future innocent generations of people? Doesn't that seem a bit harsh?

"Well OSTS......I can see you are not being reasonable. It is a very simple concept and you refuse to get it. I wouldn't question Jehovah if I were you. "

A cloud of dust then quickly rose into the air as he plunged his cranium into the sand.

• Theocratic Sedition
    Theocratic Sedition

You heart isn't properly disposed.

• Tater-T
    Tater-T

and why do all the perfect angel creatures get to live so long after they sinned?

what was their forbiden fruit so to speak?

Isn't it unfair that Adam and Eve where trick by perfect spirit person.. I mean would they have ate with out an outside influence,

didn't God know about all his spirirt sons.. what they were capable of? was there ever a warning about talking snakes?

reasonable?

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

and why do all the perfect angel creatures get to live so long after they sinned?

Very nice question, TATER.

• sd-7
    sd-7

Meanwhile...

ANCIENT JERUSALEM 587 B.C.

Nebuchadnezzar's army approaches the already-destroyed Jerusalem.

"May the king live to time indefinite! To our surprise, it was found that upon our arrival, Jerusalem had already been destroyed!"

"What? When did this happen?"

"Precisely twenty years ago, my lord the king."

"Burn all the evidence. In fact, burn every record for the last twenty years! Go to Assyria, Egypt, and Babylon, and burn every record, everywhere, for twenty years! Let there be no proof left remaining, or it will mean your soul! Go forth!"

...And so that, friends, is how Jerusalem was destroyed...

--sd-7

• Tater-T
    Tater-T

universal sovereignty... humm... so cast man out of garden right after sin.... angel not cast out of their home till right before the end of it all...

and they get to spoil mans effort to rule themselves..

sounds like Jehovah is stacking the deck against us..

I wonder if the defecting angels and the loyal ones have beeen enjoying their time together.. did the loyal ones get stuck with all the $h*tty choirs..

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

I like this thread.

• Tater-T
    Tater-T

how can God say they were perfect?....... they listened to a talking snake....

I agree imperfect people ruling themselves .. outcome is fixed..

he should have made offspring perfect to really settle this.. so it will never be settled, because in the new system when we are perfect again he will be ruling ...

I'm how could anything go wrong with the universal sovereign ruling ..

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I like this thread.

EP, I'm with you!!

This is priceless. I literally LOL reading this. People in the other room wondered what was so f***ing funny!

And yet, all these questions/reasonings here are so fundamentally simple, aren't they?

It just shit-cans all the rhetoric we've believed for years decades generation(s). (???)

Doc

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

Just sharing some previous thoughts on this worthy subject.

link

link

link

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit