Daily Text for February 28, 2013 !!! ENJOY !!!!!!!!

by DATA-DOG 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Thursday, February 28

Jehovah will make known who belongs to him.-Num. 16:5. Korah lost sight of the fact that Jehovah was directing the nation of Israel and consequently failed to show loyalty to those whom God was using. How much wiser it would have been for Korah to wait on Jehovah for a clearer understanding or for adjustments if those were really needed. So in the end, Korah destroyed his record of faithful service by his prideful actions! (Num. 16:1-34) That account provides a serious warning for elders and others in the congregation today. Waiting on Jehovah and following directions from those appointed to take the lead requires humility. Do we show that we are as humble and mild-tempered as Moses was? Can we acknowledge the position of those taking the lead among us and submit to directions we receive? Are we able to rise above our personal feelings when faced with disappointments? If so, we too will be known favorably by Jehovah. Our humility and submission will endear us to him. w11 9/15 5:12, 15, 16

Who was YHWH using? Does any human today occupy that position, thereby deserving unquestioning loyalty? If you had lived back then and knew in advance that Moses would sin by claiming to provide water for the Israelites, would you have warned him? Would you have been like Korah for doing so? Had Joshua warned or rebuked Moses and Aaron for disobeying YHWH in a matter, would he have destroyed his record of faithful service? Was it not, in fact, Moses who marred his record of service by claiming credit for something that YHWH provided? Are any humans today placing themselves in the seat of Moses by claiming to provide salvation that only comes through Christ? Are any humans today demanding unquestioning obedience and loyalty while at the same time going beyond what is written, and labeling any who disagree as deserving death like Korah?

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Who was YHWH using? Does any human today occupy that position, thereby deserving unquestioning loyalty?

That's easy. You only have to look around there at Brooklyn, Walkill, Patterson and follow the light of the Shekhinah to know.

Oh. . . . . that's right. NO Shekhinah like with Moses.

Doc

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

So, you still think it's safe to store your "treasure" in heaven with joke-hova? One mistake, and it all gets wiped out. At least if I place my treasure here on earth, it doesn't all perish at once. Things wear out (though at a slower pace if you get top quality at full price than if you get cheap crap), but you don't lose everything at once. Gold and silver are forever--they can take centuries to decay by tarnish. However, with treasure in heaven, all it takes is a single mistake to watch it all vanish.

Also, how many of us are living in Israel? Are we setting up to move there? If we are not trying to move to Israel, this message is not for you because this deals with God's "chosen" people moving there. And if you are moving there, chances are good you are doing it as individuals, usually by plane or boat, bus, or car--still not for you. And for most of us, we don't have any intention of moving to Israel, let alone in a massive group. Instead, this is used to make people obey the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger all the more, and obey joke-hova as that thing moves us all into global enslavement.

Rebel, follow Satan--and free yourself from this enslavement. That's the message I got out of it.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I read the text as:

''Obey the Governing body. Put up and shut up!''

• Ding
    Ding

If you criticize the GB, you are Korah leading a rebellion...

Don't you remember when Fred Franz parted the Red Sea and then brought the Ten Commandments down from Mount Sinai?

• alecholmesthedetective
    alecholmesthedetective

You know,

"Then Jesus spoke to the crowds and to his disciples, saying: 2 “The scribes and the Pharisees have seated themselves in the seat of Moses. 3 Therefore all the things they tell YOU, do and observe, but do not do according to their deeds, for they say but do not perform. 4 They bind up heavy loads and put them upon the shoulders of men, but they themselves are not willing to budge them with their finger. 5 All the works they do they do to be viewed by men; for they broaden the [scripture-containing] cases that they wear as safeguards, and enlarge the fringes [of their garments]. 6 They like the most prominent place at evening meals and the front seats in the synagogues, 7 and the greetings in the marketplaces and to be called Rabbi by men. 8 But YOU, do not YOU be called Rabbi, for one is YOUR teacher, whereas all YOU are brothers. 9 Moreover, do not call anyone YOUR father on earth, for one is YOUR Father, the heavenly One. 10 Neither be called ‘leaders,’ for YOUR Leader is one, the Christ. 11 But the greatest one among YOU must be YOUR minister. 12 Whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and whoever humbles himself will be exalted." — Matthew 23:1-12

The GB should read their own bible more.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

How was it that Korah bit the dust? You're gonna bite the dust like Korah.

• Theocratic Sedition
    Theocratic Sedition
    So in the end, Korah destroyed his record of faithful service by his prideful actions! (Num. 16:1-34)

This reminds me of something Ray Franz mentioned in COC regarding both himself and Ed Dunlap. Can't remember the exact verbiage, but it was along the lines of with one announcement all of the years spent supporting the organization and years of being faithful before God were tossed out the window or blotted from memory. I wish I could remember how he put it as it was humbling. I wonder if other religions are as discouraging as the WT/JWs. You almost feel like saying why bother even trying. Jehovah will probably destroy me anyway so screw it.

• sir82
    sir82

Frankly, it surprises me that the WTS has not made the Korah scripture their year text.

• Fed-up
    Fed-up

HAHAHAHA! The Korah scripture as the Year Text. That would be priceless.

Thanks for posting the Daily Text. Daily dose of Kool-Aid.

It's things like that that remind me of how the indoctrination works. Again, "these are the consequences of thinking for your self. We'll do the thinking for you. Thinking for yourself is deadly, Just ask God."

We are all Real life apostates who joined the modern day Korah class...Modern day conterparts of Dathan and Abriram...Heck, we all better be careful we're not struck with leporsy. You know, of course, that's how Miram was taught how ugly and obvious rebellion is, struck with leprosy!

" Our humility and submission will endear us to him." Give me a break. Your Humility and Submission will make you much easier to deal with, bottom line. Now stop Thinking. Stop it!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit