2013 District Convention Program: ‘God’s Word is Truth!’

by bats in the belfry 61 Replies latest watchtower bible

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

First, "How did I learn the truth". First, I checked "Christianity a lie" on Google, and came up with Joy of Satan. Looking through that site, I found something far more reasonable than Christi-SCAM-ity, and all the answers about joke-hova, the LIE-ble, and how the soul is supposed to work than I ever did during my time as a jokehovian witless.

"The truth sets us free from"--Alienation from God. Now, suppose joke-hova only wishes to enslave everyone. Would you still want a relationship with that thing? The jokehovian witless religion alienates people--from Satan. Later, they have a part about beware of apostates--badmouthing Satan and putting dread of Him in those in attendance. This, besides being blasphemy (Satan never tried to enslave mankind), keeps people away from Satan and freedom.

False beliefs. Such as that only 144,000 are to rule? That "a generation" means you can string them together? Life is a free gift from joke-hova but you have to earn it? That a group of men, the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger, can make doctrines you have to abide by and teach even if you can prove it wrong using their own LIE-ble?

Bad habits. I have news for them. Satanists, at least the true Satanists, do not ruin our brains and livers using substances that do this. Meditation shortcuts result only in angels attacking (it is the angels, not Demons, that attack and harass people) and prevent us from reaching the Demons. Also, things like field circus are as bad to even worse than smoking for health, plus being the grandest waste of time of all.

Hopelessness--like what happened to many witlesses in 1976? Many are growing old destitute because of the policies, not being able to do anything. Bad enough that they don't know how to meditate to program their souls to attract money and wealth. But worse, they are stopped from taking advantage of opportunities because of stupid rules or that the boasting sessions come first. They also waste resources doing dead works, leaving them in even worse shape. And spiritually, they suffer stagnation.

Rejecting what is false--such as joke-hova.

Extending true forgiveness. All the time? Is this a directive from Christi-SCAM-ity that is preparing us for mass human enslavement? I believe so, and this is the religion's ugly Christian side. (It also makes the Jewish side worse, since you are supposed to forgive Pharisee-like hounders without limit.) Never mind the pedophiles (save the ones intending to ruin children's lives). Do you wish to forgive those who wish to make you, and everyone else, their slaves?

God's word (the LIE-ble) is only good for shooting itself in the foot. Everything you need to hate joke-hova and everything it made from its "chosen people" to its creation is right in the LIE-ble itself. Since when do you choose a people and give that group permission to go into occupied land, slaughter everyone there, and claim that land for themselves? Beyond that, the LIE-ble sticks itself into people's personal business--who gives a fxxx if you are doing fornication or homosexuality? Or, having sex with more than one person at a time? Yet, this same LIE-ble insists that people forgive those who wish to enslave us, and condones slavery, torture, and even murdering those who will not become xian. It condones slaying anyone that has even the slightest knowledge of magick (which is used to advance the soul and to defend oneself against enemies). The only thing that piece of rubbish is good for, besides burning or using as toilet paper, is exposing joke-hova and everything it chooses as bad for humanity.

Joke-hova's promises always come true? Ask anyone that lived through the 1975 disaster, sold out, pious-sneered through 1973 and 1974, lost everything, and was in debt come 1976. Deliver you from slavery? That sounds exactly like Satan's agenda, not joke-hova's. My advice is to not take credit for what Satan is actually doing--Satan is the real Savior, and the washtowel denies this.

Now that I got a look at the program and realize that joke-hova is mankind's nemesis and everything that scumbag chooses and does is for our enslavement, and Satan is our real Savior (who the washtowel bashes), I don't need to waste the whole 3 days (plus whatever travel expenses I would have had to incur) actually going.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Symposium: How Did You Learn theTruth?

By listening to 'apostates(TM)'!

• respectful_observer
    respectful_observer

A few observations on the program:

FRIDAY

Symposium: How Did You Learn the Truth?

Formal Witnessing (Acts 20:20)

Pretty, pretty, pretty please ask for a show of hands on this one. After all, shouldn't everyone in attendance be reassured that the door-to-door preaching work is an effective use of our time?

SATURDAY

Symposium: Beware of Apostates!

(Really, this is what they want to talk about just before the baptism talk?! Wow, nothing like one last scare before you get dunked!)

Walk "Straight According to the Truth [as taught by the Governing Body today - not yesterday]" (Galatians 2:14)

v 14: "...how is it that you are compelling people of the nations to live according to Jewish practice?"

So does this mean the GB will stop holding JWs subject to arbitrary Mosaic Law requirements?

SUNDAY

Don't neglect "Family Worship Night"

Set full-time pioneering as their career goal

Don't send them to a 4-year university.

Symposium: The Watchtower's Jehovah's Promises Always Come True!

Public Bible Discourse: "What Is Truth?" (John 18:38)

(What the Governing Body says it is, as of today. If you believe what they taught yesterday, or what they might teach tomorrow, you're an apostate, and your entire family cannot speak to you for the rest of your life, even if the GB begins teaching what you believe today.)

Drama: Prepare Your Heart for the Trials Ahead (Esther)

I will hear, more than once: "'The End' must be about to begin! Otherwise 'the 'Slave' wouldn't be preparing us with a drama this obvious!"

• Soldier77
    Soldier77

You know what amazes me about being "out" now? I actually pay more attention to the CA/DC parts in the outline or look at how they said something or what.

Before, when I was "in", I was a zombie, I couldn't tell you what was said 5 minutes ago in a talk. It was just snippets of things I purposely logged in my head so I had talking points if I needed them at the dinner me and the gang went to afterwards. 9 times out of 10 tho, we wouldn't bring anything from the convention up at all.

I firmly believe that 75-80% of those in attendance don't actually "hear a word" or can recall much. It's only that convention buzz, fervor that carries these people. I was one of them once a upon a time, but no more!!

• aposta-Z
    aposta-Z

Hopefully we will get some recordings or even maybe talk outlines...

I am curious about the Apostates sympodium also. Can we expect borderline hate speech?

Also Saturday: Truth brings not peace but a sword !!!???

• BU2B
    BU2B

Unfortunately it looks like I will have to suffer through this. I have no choice but to take good notes and use the cult speak on steriods to try to ask good questions to awaken my wife. I cant take and wont take many if any more of these. I wont sacrifice my sanity and health and more of the limited time I have in this world. But since I want to get my wife out this is a sacrifice I will make for the time being. To all those who are going, we must take full advantage of the ludicrious things said to form good questions to get our loved ones to think for themselves. Otherwise they will sink further and further in.

I see that every year they are tightening the grip and becoming more obviously cult-like. Unfourtunately this is only obvious to those of us in the "concsious class" those of us who have awakened.

However the more cultish they get, the more new members we will see here, those with any thinking mind will be on the way out of Dodge.

• likeabird
    likeabird

Friday final talk :

4:20 Believe Inspired Truth, Not Inspired Error

It's official!

Error is now inspired!

(Just in case we hadn't noticed...)

• 88JM
    88JM

Interesting to see how "The Truth™" has changed since 1982 - just a half hour talk on "apostates" back then.

Today half of the program seems spent trying to explain what they think isn't truth...

(Convention and program review: WT 11-1-82 pages 20-26)

DAY 1
    DAY'S THEME: Upholding Doctrinal Truth

AFTERNOON

1:20 Music

1:30 Song No. 95 and Prayer

1:40 Chairman's Address:
    Be Attentive to Kingdom Truth

2:10 What the Truth Means to Us

2:30 Worshiping the One God of Truth

3:00 Song No. 21 and Announcements

3:10 Become Full-Grown in the Truth

Understanding the Bible's Teaching on--
    The Soul
    Creation
    Resurrection
    Being Born Again

3:40 Exposing the Devil's Subtle Designs
    (See WT 1-15-83 pages 18-22)

4:00 Armed for the Fight Against Wicked Spirits
    (See WT 1-15-83 pages 23-27)

4:20 KEYNOTE ADDRESS:
    Where Do You Stand on the Kingdom Issue?
    (See WT 1-1-83 pages 8-24)

4:50 Closing Song, No. 76, and Prayer

DAY 2
    DAY'S THEME: Ministers of Kingdom Truth

MORNING

9:50 Music

10:00 Song No. 109 and Prayer

10:10 Consideration of Text for the Day

10:20 SYMPOSIUM: Enlarging Your Sacred Service

As a Congregation Publisher
    As an Auxiliary Pioneer
    As a Regular Pioneer or Other Full-Time Minister

11:20 Song No. 9 and Announcements

11:30 Fulfilling the Kingdom Ministry

11:50 Aid Lowly Ones to Be Truth Proclaimers
    (RELEASE: "Enjoy Life on Earth Forever!" (brochure))

12:10 Song No. 51 and Intermission

AFTERNOON

2:00 Music

2:05 Song No. 92

2:10 "The Time Left Is Reduced"
    (See WT 11-15-84 pages 21-26)

2:30 What Is Our Position Toward Opposers of the Truth?
    (See WT 3-1-83 pages 21-26)

3:00 Song No. 91 and Announcements

3:10 DRAMA: "How...Will They Hear Without Someone to Preach?"

3:45 Prepared to Bear Witness to the Truth

3:55 Closing Song, No. 10, and Prayer

4:05 To the Field

DAY 3
    DAY'S THEME: Living By Principles of Truth

MORNING

9:30 Music

9:40 Song No. 65 and Prayer

9:50 Consideration of Text for the Day

10:00 SYMPOSIUM: Serving Jehovah as a Family

Husbands and Fathers, Exercise Christian Headship
    Parents, Inculcate the Truth in Your Children
    Youths, Remember, "What You Sow You Reap"
    (See WT 11-15-84 pages 28-31)

11:00 Song No. 88 and Announcements

11:10 Counteracting Permissiveness With Bible Principles
    (See WT 8-15-83 pages 25-29)

11:40 Ordained as Ministers of the Kingdom

12:10 Song No. 82 and Intermission
    (To the site of the baptism)

AFTERNOON

2:00 Music

2:05 Song No. 55

2:10 Following Bible Principles Is the Wise Course

2:40 How Jehovah's Standards Help Us
    (See WT 6-15-83 pages 10-15)

3:10 Song No. 71 and Announcements

3:20 Beware of Music That Debases
    (See WT 10-15-83 pages 10-15)

3:50 "Jerusalem"--A Cause for Exultation
    (See WT 3-15-83 pages 17-26)

4:20 The Truth That Leads to an Earthly Paradise
    (RELEASE: "You Can Live Forever in Paradise on Earth" (book))

5:00 Closing Song, No. 19, and Prayer

DAY 4
    DAY'S THEME: Holding Fast to Prophetic Truth

MORNING

9:30 Music

9:40 Song No. 29 and Prayer

9:50 Consideration of Text for the Day

10:00 Do Not "Turn Back to the Weak and Beggarly Things"
    (See WT 6-15-83 pages 16-21)

10:30 "Flocking Together in Battle Line"
    (See WT 3-1-83 pages 16-21)

11:00 Song No. 33 and Announcements

11:10 DRAMA: Fearless Proclaimer of an Unpopular Message

12:05 Song No. 39 and Intermission

AFTERNOON

2:05 Music

2:20 Song No. 105 and Prayer

2:30 PUBLIC LECTURE: The Truth That Can Set You Free

3:30 Song No. 62 and Announcements

3:40 Satisfied With Food at This Proper Time

4:00 On With the Proclamation of Kingdom Truth!

4:40 Closing Song, No. 110, and Prayer

• hoser
    hoser

It might even be the long overdue update to the "Reasoning" book, which is nearing 25 years since its last update. It is ful of "old light".

I would laugh at that! All the show offs in the congregation that have the reasoning book bound with the New World translation to show how

"spiritual" they are would have to shell out another hundred bucks to get a new one made up. lol

• mamochan13
    mamochan13

An auditorium full of mindless robotic drones chanting, "We have the truth! We have the truth! We have the truth!"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit