What group within the Witnesses has the highest drop out rate?

by Ultimate Axiom 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Thinkers.

• Ultimate Axiom
    Ultimate Axiom

Thanks guys. I guess a born/raised in, educated, thinking Bethellite with a high sex drive and a four year stint wouldn't stand a chance. Conversely I suppose, a poorly educated dimwit who's never been within a hundred miles of a bethel, with little sex drive and was converted as an adult stands no chance of getting out.

• Halo
    Halo

Any of us can only add anecdotal evidence to this, therefore it is a reflection of what we have seen. I was a convert and almost all the people i know who are out. as I am, were also converts. The way I see it it is that I personally have already left one way (in my case another religion) so why wouldn't I be able to do it again. The basic reason I left and those I know is the same as the reason I left my former religion. They lie. Anyone who thinks that becoming a jw is a choice should read Steve Hassan's books. It's about recruitment, usually when someone is at a low ebb in their life, not choice.

As a convert, without close connections in the bowels of the organisation, it took longer for me to see some things. To start with how was I, a convert to know that an elder's book existed, let alone what it contained. So much is hidden, I am still opening "Pandora's box" and finding more things I never knew about.

I think that those we see who leave, are those we knew and we generally mix with like people. Converts are in a different class and we have to stick together because it is hard to breach the groups and cliques that already exist. So in defecting we also relate to each other. Same with you born ins, that was your crowd.

• SophieG
    SophieG

Flyinghighnow:

People with the highest sex drives.

Thinkers.

Oversexed thinkers? What's considered "high sex drive?" cuz I wanna know if I fall into this category?
    ...and yes I am being persnikety

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

I had a discussion yesterday with my daughter about the prodigal son and appreciation and Universalism.

I think people leave for various reason from all different groups. Not all leave Christianity.

• wisdomfrombelow
    wisdomfrombelow

I guess it depends on what you've invested and how painful the exit will be. Once people get promince and are in special full-time service, they really are financially bound. They lose the prestige and have to fend for themselves in the real-world where they are ill-equipped and might not have any non-witness friends or family. CO and DO might be the least likely to leave because they often don't have any real roots as they are constantly moved around.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    Flyinghighnow:

People with the highest sex drives.

Thinkers.

Oversexed thinkers? What's considered "high sex drive?" cuz I wanna know if I fall into this category?

...and yes I am being persnikety

Didn't say anything about anyone being over sexed. I don't know what a scientist would consider a high sex drive. I was speaking of the highest sex drives. I was kind of kidding, but kind of not. The society always claimed most people were disfellowshipped for fornication, so it was a play on that claim.

Thinkers.
    Everyone who chose to leave literally or intellectually is a thinker.

• caliber
    caliber

It appears the phrase "sexual intellectuals "won't cut it !! high sex appeal gets some cut out of the herd very early

• whathappened
    whathappened

I am a raised in empty nester who left a little over 2 years ago. I think it is very unusual for a 56 year old to abruptly and joyfully leave the religion they were raised in. My older sister left the same time I did. We took more than a few family and friends with us when we left. The Watchtower organisation is in big, Big, BIG trouble.

• betterdaze
    betterdaze

Adult children from "divided households."

One JW parent, one normal.

Beat with the "Truth" schtick all along but never baptized.

We float freely between both worlds. Never shunned.

Draw from that what you may.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit