What happened immediately after your Judicial Committee was over?

by civicsi00 16 Replies latest jw experiences

• civicsi00
    civicsi00

Whenever I went to my Judicial Committee (over 3 years ago), the elders opened with a prayer for Jehbooboo's guidance. Then they followed up with their loyalty question, "Do you believe in the faithful and discreet slave?". Of course I answered "No", and shortly thereafter I handed over my Disassociation letter. Immediately after that, they looked down and away and that was basically my queue to walk away. Is this how it was for any of you? I find it very odd that that was how they ended it. I know they weren't going to wish me well or anything, but to simply look down and away? That was it? If you decided to attend the JC they formed for you, how did it end?

• outsmartthesystem
    outsmartthesystem

For me, there were 3 elders on it. I had known them all for quite some time. Elder one was the COBE. He was very business like and shook my hand. Elder 2 is a hot headed Irishman who had to catch himself more than once during the proceedings......trying not to get angry at me. Elder 3 is a brand new elder and one of my former good friends. We used to cycle and play basketball together. Elder one, as I said kept it business like. Elder 2 stared away at the wall to keep from engaging me in argument. Elder 3.....during the proceeding asked me if had read the society's publications (Oct & Nov 2011 mags) regarding the 607 BC issue. I smiled politely and explained that those magazines, when the information provided within is cross referenced, raise more questions than they answer. In fact, the final 24 pages of my 607BC research are completely dedicated to those magazines. I offered to ask him some of the questions those magazines raised. He looked like he had seen a ghost. From that point on......he would not make eye contact with me.

After they announced that I would be DFd for apostasy.......I went and met mythreesons and a few others for a beer! Cheers!

• Mum
    Mum

There was no reason why I should have gone before a JC, as if there is any "reason" why anyone should. I had moved to another state and had gone back to the place I left because of my daughter, who was about 8 years old at the time. I had left the borg and my elder husband at the same time. Nevertheless, the brainwashing had not worn off yet.

My ex kept coming to my place of employment harassing me about "making my intentions clear" and such nonsense, as if three ignorant men had any business trying to make me justify my choices to them. Elders were calling me at work as well, asking stupid questions. Finally, I caved and agreed to meet with them. I didn't want to, and was hyper anxious. I took a tranquilizer before I went.

While I went against my better judgment, now I'm glad I did. They played the good cop-bad cop game with me. As I was sitting there listening to their crap, I realized that, if it were legal, they would have taken me outside, tied me to a tree, and burned me for a witch. One of the Big Three asked me if I still believed in the borg as God's representatives on earth. Somehow I managed to evade the question.

I think the whole thing, to them, was inconclusive. I was not DF'd. The next day, my ex called me and said he previously thought I didn't want to be a JW anymore, but after that meeting, he thought maybe I dide. I don't know how I did that, other than the fact that I stayed calm and did not get argumentative or hostile during the whole fiasco.

After it was over, I drove to the Holiday Inn where my ex-JW friend worked, beaming with joy. I told her I was free of any delusion that those men had anything to do with truth or God. From then on, I was free in every sense of the word.

I allowed my daughter to be indoctrinated because I thought she needed the continuity and "security" of the way things had always been for her. She didn't buy their crap. She has a degree in Chemistry, a wonderful husband, and a good life, despite chronic illness. We've not had it easy by any means, but whatever happened, we didn't have anyone to blame, and we like it that way.

Regards,

SandraC

• Lied2NoMore
    Lied2NoMore

My oldest brother was DF'd years ago, they said to him, "we are disfellowshipping you" stood up, turned their backs on him until he left.

I told him that would have been a good time to have a baseball bat. VERY VERY ODD!!

• sd-7
    sd-7

From my Borg court thread here on JWN nearly 3 years ago:

It was maybe 10-15 minutes before they called me back in to tell me I was to be disfellowshipped. Announcement will be made on the 10th, right after the special assembly day. The thing that seemed particularly hypocritical was that they just ended the committee right there--no prayer, nothing. Just, that's it. Bye. If you really hope that I get "restored" spiritually, why not have the decency to offer one last prayer in my behalf? Instead, just cold silence.

It was as though a chill wind passed through, the utter silence. I was grieved at how unyielding they were, how they couldn't see that I wasn't a bad person because I disagreed. I glanced at each of them, said, "Take care," and went home to give my wife the news. I can still remember the look on her face, and...the hurt never really goes away, knowing that maybe that wasn't what she expected or what she hoped for, maybe she hoped I would rethink my beliefs. Everything had already gone to hell weeks before. The rest was just ceremony.

--sd-7

• clarity
    clarity

Wow wow wow.........in that case...I think I couldn't resist

displaying my new embellished & brazen vocabulary on those 3.

clarity

• mind blown
    mind blown

I had a big puff of a cigerette and said....Glad that BS is over......

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I have never been called to a JC , but there is still time I suppose, I am still alive so they can still come after me in their minds.

A friend of the family had several inconclusive JC's , he is a practiced and natural argumentative combatant. He works in a very adversarial field, so every day he is fighting his (company's) corner. He talked his way out of at least two JC's because all his family were in, and he wanted to make it hard for the Elders to DF him.

Eventually he got to the point where he simply did not give a flying fudge bar and the Elders got their evidence, he still made that last one about a three hour argument, but gave in and laughed at them as he walked away, saying to them "Boy, that was fun".

He is one of my heroes, and his parents still see lots of him on "necessary family business", more than they did before I think, and his siblings have all left the borg too.

• JWOP
    JWOP

My JC was almost nine years ago. I knew I didn't HAVE TO go, but I did anyway. Why? Because I knew it would be the very last time I could present my case, and maybe -- even if it were a long shot -- just maybe, something I said would plant a seed in one of their minds and grow. It is also the same reason I appealed and went to my appeal committee (where there would be SIX elders to potentially plant a seed in).

I knew it would be the last chance ever that any of them would listen to anything I said, so I ran with it.

• piztjw
    piztjw

After being jacked around by the big three for nearly a year when they finally got down to the agenda of revenge they said I was to be DF'd and the proclamation of their victory would be read at the next SM. They told me under no circumstances was I to tell anyone before hand, but also that I should not talk to anyone either. What a load of horseshit!

Seeing as none of them really shave a git about me before that I let them know in the most colorful of language exactly what I thought of them. THAT was fun.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit