i hve conculded that All religions all mind controlling and the same..thy all hve 'issues' non is perfect...just pick one hope u dnt get to entangled in its webs..

by Chichi89 19 Replies latest jw friends

• Heaven
    Heaven

Once you see the man behind the curtain, the magic is gone.

I came to a very similar conclusion as yours Chichi89 back when I was a teenager. Since I am female, the misogyny in religion as well as the Bible had me constantly at odds with what I was being 'taught'. My reactions were constantly like this.... .

I personally prefer NOT to pick a religion since they are all based on some invisible, all-powerful, patriarchial, smiteful being without any evidence that he exists, who will judge you in the end because he created a flawed design and doesn't have the guts to own up to it (aka it's all your fault).

This is psychotic and I am uninterested in being associated with this kind of mental illness.

• vajeni82
    vajeni82

Why pick one at all? Why not just think for yourself?

• Londo111
    Londo111

What jgnat said.

And there is a huge difference between a cult that practices mind control and a religion. As Steven Hassan said, it's a matter of degree. One of the fallacies he warns about in his second book is, "Everything is mind control."

• Satanus
    Satanus

If you wanna stay on a spiritual path, then you can view churches and religions in a similar way that you might view grades in school. Learn what there is to learn, and then move on. Don't let them detain you, once you sense that its your time to move on. Graduation can be when you have progressed to a point where you can observe the spiritual without any religion enmeshing you.

If the spiritual is not something that is part of your nature, then you can graduate to being a materialist atheist. The point, imo, is YOUR path. When you are on the right path for you, you can become the most that you can be.

S

• Ding
    Ding

Whatever you think of their doctrines, most religious organizations do not:

-- Require their members to shun those who are "disfellowshipped" or disassociate voluntarily

-- Insist that they alone speak for God

-- Require members to accept their literature as "the truth" without question or dissent

-- Forbid members to read literature that disagrees with or criticizes their religion

-- Require members to turn in other members for rules violations or for expressing "independent thinking"

-- Have judicial committees to enforce organizational rules and regulations

• still thinking
    still thinking

Religions were invented by men for men, and mainly for reasons of powerful control.

Stay away from any organised religion. Even small "House Churches" are open to being dominated by one control freak.

If you have freedom, value it, don't do anything that will restrict that freedom, it is far too valuable....Phizzy

Amen!

• LV101
    LV101

Londo11 --- I presume his second book referring to mind control is topic in the latest/newest one?

Thanks,

LV

• Londo111
    Londo111

Unfortunately, I haven't gotten around to his third book as of yet...

But, yes, his second book, Releasing The Bonds.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I agree with Jgnat and Ding. I also recognize that some religions are about control.

I think it's very possible that thousands of years ago, the local authorities figured out that fear is the best way to control people and there is where fear was inserted into religion. That and ancients wondering if the gods were sending bad weather, droughts, etc. People sure could get angry, so they figured their gods must get angry, too.

• Tater-T

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit