My attempt at correcting a heavily biased Wiki article

by cedars 33 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• 00DAD
    00DAD

The strength of Wikipedia is that anyone can edit; the weakness of Wikipedia is that anyone can edit.

Trying to bring balance to a controversial, biased article on WP is an exercise in futility. In many ways WP is a MUD.

If you think you get frustrated by some of the users here, prepare for a whole new level of frustration.

• Mary
    Mary

Sometimes I think there's at least one Witness who works for Wikipedia, because I've submitted comments before that were true (I included the references ) about their failed prophecies but it was immediately deleted. When I asked why it was deleted I got a very snarky comment back telling me to 'take your prejudices elsewhere". I was absolutely stunned since there was nothing in there that I couldn't back up.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

What a laugh - talk about deliberate misdirection:

"only 11 elders have been sued ... in lawsuits filed in the US"

Tell me if I am wrong - but when a person is SUED this is a civil action against them.

Replace "sued" with investigated by the police put on trial found guilty in a Court and sentenced - the number soars.

Absolutely typical of how the WT equivocates: They replace 'convicted' with 'Sued', then argue from the new standpoint.

AS for the case in Canada - didnt the woman concerned win her case and get compensation? Then the WTBTS decided to sue her for their court costs?

There was a thread concerning this at the time.

HB

• Violia
    Violia

I was molested by an elder as a young teen and they did noting to him but remove him ( many years later ). I am just one person, so they lie about only 11 elders.

Lying b*stards only care about men and how they look to the world. Forget women and children... use them and throw them away.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

As far as I know there are pedo JWs in jail, who have not been DF and are still in "good standing" as there were not enough "scriptural grounds"to DF.

HB

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Cedars,

Well done! As usual, you do what I only consider doing. The edit ears impress me more than the actual article. There is a need to constantly monitor all the Jw articles. I agree that any concerted action would be counterproductive. Engaging

i the WT in the broader world is effective. Good luck! If you want help, pm me. I read the discussions about once A week. I found JWN through Wikipedia.

luck

d

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

We should pay you a salary to do this. Some eager JW's are out there on the net now trying to sway opinion. Well i just trumped them and sent a request for the South Park guys to do an episode about JW's. I know.....I'm a hero. But its the least i can do.

• yalbmert99
    yalbmert99

I have tried to edit some wikipedia articles in french about jws and some watchtower agent always undo them and if I try again to edit they ban me. So wikipedia is often garbage.

• Pterist
    Pterist

commendable

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Wikipedia is often wrong but it is a force. Most worldly people will read Wikipedia first to find information concerning the WT. There are apostates who conduct and win edit wars. I often consider writing a tribute to their work. The e discipline amazes me.

Ijust want to vent.

It

j

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit