A Visit From a Jehovah's Witness Elder

by RayPublisher 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

Here's an interview with my buddy Gregg I did last year when an elder visited him. He was a bit shook up at the time but he handled himself really well IMO.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kG6EHebenM

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Interesting conversation but did check with this guy to see if it was Ok to put the conversation publicly on the NET ?

Just curious !

• Heaven
    Heaven

We need you to preach to the entire inhabitted Earth.

This is impossible to accomplish using the door-to-door method. When I was a teenager over 30 years ago, I did the math. The math didn't add up... it still doesn't add up when you look at the population of the Earth versus the number of JWs.

Second, maybe Chris, himself, should travel to the Amazon and find these people (remote Amazon tribe discovered in 2008) 'cause they don't look like they've received "the good news":

Remote Amazon Tribe

As I said to my Father a couple of years ago....

"Any organization that tells you that you are forbidden from associating with your family and friends if they don't join said organization, is a cult."

• BlindersOff1
    BlindersOff1

Good interview Eric

• RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

@ Finkelstein - The conversation took place at the edge of a driveway with people mulling around a yard sale in plain sight. It was not surreptitiously recorded. Gregg simply related his recollection of the conversation to me later that same day, and I turned the recording into a YouTube video.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Its no wonder the WTS. elders are sometimes referred to being the organization's thought police !

Are you fully supporting God's earthly organization otherwise known as the Watchtower Publishing house of New York

which is recognized exclusively and only by that same organization. ???????????

Obvious and intentional brain washing to the extreme.

• Londo111
    Londo111

marked for later

• RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

And once you go "off script" they freeze up and smoke starts to whisp out of their ears...

• Bloody Hotdogs!
    Bloody Hotdogs!

@ Ray and friends: How can you be so reasoned and logical, yet miss the bigger picture? Gods probably don't exist. The bible is a silly book.

It would be so refreshing to hear a debate with JWs that centers around science (facts vs. beliefs). How do JWs square Antarctic ice core data with Noah's flood and the water canopy? Why is there no sign that millions of Israelites spent 40 years in the wilderness? You know, there’s no sure-fire way to discern a virgin girl, right? Did Jehovah make meteoroids? How did Moa birds get to New Zealand? Hawaiian Island chain vs. Insight Book geology.

If anyone has a YouTube link to that sort of debate, I'd love to watch it!

• RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

@ Bloody Hotdogs - I actually agree with you on some points, since I feel God could easily have flooded Noah's local area and Noah then did his best to preserve the animals around him, all as an illustration of how God can save people.

But you say I am missing the bigger picture, ie, this means that you think anyone that believes in God is a fool? Or perhaps you feel someone that thinks there is a higher power than us in the universe is "mentally diseased"? Where have we heard that before?

And how many MILLIONS of intelligent men and women firmly know in their hearts there must be a God? Are they all crazy and ignorant also, never having thought of or heard your little questions about meteroids and virgins?

"The Bible is a silly book?" That's the best you have? Ghandi said that if people would just listen to the Sermon on the Mount and try and follow it war would be a thing of the past and paradise on earth could be achieved. Not bad for such a silly book huh?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit