Old Time Anointed?

by Bob_NC 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

I think the realization by the GB that the anointed class has grown and is growing is played some relevance, when this recognized group was

supposedly to shrink over time, which probably created some needed movement in the organization's doctrines.

The WTS. has even come out and said some of these people are just right wacko. Well wackier than themselves, perhaps

• wasblind
    wasblind

Thanks for the links Bob

• Ding
    Ding

The worldwide "anointed" never had any special input into the teaching or running of the organization, so in practice nothing has really changed for them.

As with so much of the WTS, it's all words on paper.

• sir82
    sir82

"Old time anointed" would have been baptized before 1935, i.e. the absolute youngest of them are in their 90's.

At this point in their lives, most are probably more concerned about not breaking a hip and failing eyesight rather than "here's the latest new light from the WTS".

Anyways, from my limited experience, "old time anointed" were generally more concerned about actually worshipping God - they weren't so much into idolizing the Watchtower as is the vogue today.

• I quit!
    I quit!

I would imagine this change would come as a shock to them if any of them are still alive. The ones I knew were born around the turn of the last century so they are long gone by now.

They may have been planning this move for a while but were waiting for the originals (pre 1935) annointed to die off before executing their coup to take away their imaginary power.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit