Old Time Anointed?

by Bob_NC 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Bob_NC
    Bob_NC

Wondering here and would like to get your thoughts. How do the old-time anointed feel about the new light that they are no longer the FDS and only the GB is the FDS. That's quite a change in concept, right? How would you feel to be an older anointed brother with a lot of organization experience. Maybe you personally knew FW Franz, or Suiter, or Knorr. And now these upstart anointed GB saying "WE ARE the FDS. Not you. You're not the FDS any more. It's just us 8 now."

Thoughts?

• wasblind
    wasblind

AIN'T THE FIRST TIME THEY LIED TO FOLKS

• Bobcat
    Bobcat

Bob_NC:

This is not directly on the your topic, but indirect. Below are some links to research on the topic of being anointed. See my post 474 and 475 on this thread:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/244314/1/What-scripture-was-it-that-let-an-average-joe-know-that-they-were-annointed

And here is further research on the topic of "anointed Christians":

Here, and here (see my posts 384 and 385 for numerous sub-links on the subject)

Take Care

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Only old time anointed that I know was in the Cong I grew up in during the 60's and 70's, ran into him a few months ago and he told he and his wife walked away in the 80's because so many things just didn't add up, 607, etc.

• scotoma
    scotoma

old time annointed are all dead

• compound complex
    compound complex

Hi Bob:

The old-time anointed were instrumental in bringing me into the truth, as I was into the teachings regarding the symbolic Jew (taking hold of the skirt), the "classes" -- Naomi and Ruth -- and doing good to Christ's brothers. The concept held me fast because I saw the anointed remnant at work while they helped me and others to grow spiritually. I continue to have difficulty getting past the disconnect of whom I perceived them to be and the usurpation by the GB. Was what I personally experienced truly based on Scriptural reality?

REALITY?!?!?!?

It breaks my heart and bewilders my mind.

CoCo

• quincy_aka_quentin
    quincy_aka_quentin

High CoCo...

All "old time anointed" I knew, were as CoCo related' very active in preaching and teaching new converts. They took their positions seriously. Also, many had no fear of the powers that be. They were comfortable and for the most part laid back individuals.

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

I only know of one "old time" annointed still alive. If he wasn't in his 90s he would be disfellowshipped for Apostacy. He is not impressed with the current self assuming GB .

All the others died of old age. The last one to die was 99 years old, full time pioneer, very humble and funny.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Hi Quentin!

Good to see and read you!

Take care.

CoCo

• clarity
    clarity

Same here, the Old Time FDS are mostly gone.

The Congregation Overseer (FDS) who helped me in,

was very disturbed by what he started to see. Especially

the GB which came on the horizon, more or less in the '70's.

>

Seems to me most '144000' probably don't even know of this

change yet ......as I haven't found any who have heared

about it! They are just DOMESTICS now!!!!! The delusion deepens.

clarity

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit