Creative Revenge

by Roberta804 22 Replies latest watchtower bible

• wallsofjericho
    wallsofjericho

i like to collect multiple DVD's and books at assemblies. they are just handing them out and I act as if "oh yeah!" and they happily hand me one. I ask for two and they of course happily give me two.

I then throw them all straight in the bin since I know my wife has already picked up copies for us anyway. Of course I never donate, havn't in years

I joyfully threw out about 20 boxes of bound volumes this year. It made me wonder how many countless trees were tossed into land fill as WT bound volumes in the past 10 years with the prolification of the CD-ROM and now the online library. Of course I also threw out several new, unopened books and DVD's as well. Heck I pitched out our 2013 calendars!

Yes I'm pathetic, but it gives me a tiny little feeling of victory.

• Roberta804
    Roberta804

Creative revenge reminds me of my best one.... When my mother was alive she could not legally write a check due to a conservatorship. Well she found one of her old check books, an account with no money in it. She proceeded to write out a $5 grand check and she put it into the contribution box. The following week one of the elders called complaining about the check. "Oh come on over, I'll take care of that" I told the elder on the phone. At the door I met him with a sealed envelope that had a copy of the judge's court order that she could not "gift" any money without the court's approval and a $5 bill.

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

You could call a kingdom hall where they wouldn't recognize your voice and ask them if that was the kingdom hall from which an upcoming speaker at your community church was from. Be vague about the speaker's name. Or not. Get them to think one of their members was going to address a local church group and let their grapevine do the rest.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit