Interesting Read About a JW Missionary in China

by Wolfy 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Wolfy
    Wolfy

http://www.believermag.com/issues/201302/?read=article_scorah

I found it a very interesting read. The article was linked on one of my fav websites Digg

Wolfy

• alecholmesthedetective
    alecholmesthedetective

Wow, very interesting indeed. I share much of the same feelings when I started to awake and had to explain my beliefs to non-jws. It just didn't add up.

Thanks, Wolfy

Alec

• Satanus
    Satanus

'bizarre abstractions'

That's wt doctrine to a nonchristian grounded in every day life.

S

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

that was a very good read

oz

• OneDayillBeFree
    OneDayillBeFree

Dang it wolfy you beat me to it! I had read this story a while back when it first came out as it was featured on twitter on top ex-Jw stories but hadn't had a chance to post it here! It's an amazing story!

it gave me hope and peace of mind!

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer

That was a very good telling of this missionary's awakening.

I felt this remark spoke volumes about the very restrictive and closed nature of Watchtower.

In one of the most restrictive, totalitarian countries in the world, for the first time in my life, I had the freedom to think.

It's a shame that "freedom to think" doesn't exist in the Organization.

• gingerbread
    gingerbread

Excellent article. Thanks for the link!

• Gayle
    Gayle

What an interesting article! This girl obviously had a lot of spunk and personal independence in her nature to take on this "missionary" role, even compared to most JW girls. It is most interesting the difference in the lifestyle required for any JWs in China. Certainly, they have to have a special independent fortitude, and really cannot be so dependent on common indoctrination of the barrage of meetings, assemblies, and constant association of JWs. Certainly, these meetings etc. help keep JWs in that mental control. All that time on your own, would certainly give many, to most, time for 'personal' thinking,,God forbid, no, GB forbid.

It's seems that it would be near impossible to keep ones 'cultic mind,' under so few meetings and hardly any association with each other.

It is wonderful that she was able to pursue her outstanding abilities now out of JWdom and her own full mind to pursue her freedom and education of life.

• BlindersOff1
    BlindersOff1

Good article .

Like allot of JW tales it also included a suicide .

• RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

Awesome article I hope she writes a book- the story was TOO SHORT.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit