Anyone watching "The Americans" on FX

by Tater-T 13 Replies latest social entertainment

• Tater-T
    Tater-T

I love it! Relive the 80's my heyday... I love the human elements the KGB agents love story. The dated technology is a trip.

Keri Russell is so beautiful and a stone cold Killer..

• blondie
    blondie

She (her character) was recruited at 17 and raped by one of her trainers...that would do something to you.

• Berengaria
    Berengaria

Oh I was interested in this, when is it on?

I hear things on the radio, but don't watch much TV.

• Tater-T
    Tater-T

wednesday..night check local listing.. they are replaying all this friday thru saturday morning.. set DVR .. it's on late due to subject matter..

Yes Blondie.. her husband loves her.. deeply I can tell .. the character development is awesome so far..

• NoRegrets
    NoRegrets

I have watched every episode so far and am really enjoying it. I, too, adore Keri Russell as an actress and as a just plain beauty! I like the dated technology of the time period, as well. If you like this show, did you see and/or like Homeland? To me, that may be one of my all time favorite shows EVER! NR

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

I always like those russian spy stories and especially the secretive life and the kids have no idea. The husband is an interesting character very lethal in a surprising way he doesn't look like he could pack the punch he does. He's a mixed bag he loves her and his family and he wanted to defect and stop the life and yet he's good at what he does as is she. They both have a strange moral compass and so does the agent across the street that happens in an undercover life.

• Dagney
    Dagney

I love those Cold War stories also.

I think I've watch 3 episodes so far, I missed one somehow. It's good.

• Gopher
    Gopher

I've been watching AND enjoying this excellent series. Graham Yost is listed as a producer, and he's the same guy behind "Justified" which HAS to be the best drama on basic cable TV these days.

This series took an excellent turn last week with the episode surrounding the Reagan shooting, and the declaration by Secretary of State Alexander Haig that he was in control here (because Vice President Bush was on a plane heading towards the White House). What Haig set off notions of a possible military coup in the minds of the KGB spies here in America (according to the story), because they were accustomed to military coups. Of course no such thing was happening, and Philip understood that while Elizabeth did not - and his better sense prevailed (and possibly prevented a nuclear conflict between the USA and USSR in this fictional world).

• eva luna
    eva luna

Thanks for the heads-up Tater-T.

I just found it on on-demand with Comcostalot [ie comast ;-].

Going through Downton Abbey withdrawls and having a hard time waiting for Game of Thrones, Dexter, Boardwalk Empire and Breaking Bad. I've become very spoiled for good drama.

• Tater-T
    Tater-T

NoRegrets.. haven't gotten in to Homeland.. though I should .. so into Dexter that, it's all I can deal with on that evening.. I'll catch it on the replays at some point I'm sure

aaah Nancy! ...there you are ... all excellent points.. they way he broke that first guys neck.. wow .. their moral compass is definitely intriguing, they love their kids, their country.. raising them as Americans?.. they did not want the maids son to die... she kills the cop in the blink of an eye.. can't wait to see how this plays out...

Dagney.. replays this friday night check local listing

Gopher.. I found that Alexander Haig clip cool .. I picked him up from the airport for the hotel I worked at in the late 80's early 90's.. He was a VIP .. he smoked a pipe constantly and had a Yes man with him(who mostly was there to light his pipe).. I say that because the guy said Yes, to everything he said .. literally.. lol.. His was the most self important person I ever met.. I pick up a ton of celebrities as the Bell Captain of a 5 star resort and major hotel for 14 years.. anyway, picking up Mr Haig was a real kick.. because everyone want to hear about it, but that was long ago.. he was still quite famous for that infamous line at that time..

eva luna.. me too, Dexter and Breaking Bad..withdrawls.. Justified is Great as well!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit