Topics Witnesses Should Seriously Think About

by Darth Rutherford 19 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Darth Rutherford
    Darth Rutherford

Who's Your Mediator?

First, does Jesus Christ mediate between you and Jehovah God? The Bible teaches, “For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, a man, Christ Jesus, who gave himself a corresponding ransom for all—[this is] what is to be witnessed to at its own particular times.”(1 Timothy 2:5, 6) The Greek word for “men” in the sentence, “one mediator between God and men” is anthropon. This Greek word is a generic term for all mankind. Jesus used this same word at Luke 19:30: “Go into the village that is within sight of you, and in it after you pass in you will find a colt tied, on which none of mankind [anthropon] ever sat.” The Bible teaches that Jesus is the one mediator between God and all mankind [anthropon], but the organization teaches us that “Jesus Christ, is not the Mediator between Jehovah God and all mankind. He is the Mediator between his heavenly Father, Jehovah God, and the nation of spiritual Israel, which is limited to only 144,000 members.” (Worldwide Security Under the “Prince of Peace”, chap. 1 pp. 10-11 par. 16) Why would Jesus lovingly ransom all mankind, but not act as a mediator for all those he ransomed?

What Is Your Means to Salvation?

Secondly, the Bible teaches, “Furthermore, there is no salvation in anyone else, for there is not another name under heaven that has been given among men by which we must get saved.” (Acts 4:12) As the Bible says, there is no salvation “under heaven” on earth, and no name that can be given among men that leads to our salvation. Clearly, NOTHING on earth: neither government, nor political leaders, nor political party, nor business, nor commercial venture, nor religion, nor church, nor organization can bring salvation. Why, then, do we feel that we must be named, or labeled as “Jehovah's Witnesses” in order to have salvation? Why do we believe that destruction awaits us if we are not closely associated with the organization? Because we are taught “if we were to draw away from Jehovah’s organization, there would be no place else to go for salvation and true joy.” (The Watchtower, 9/15/1993, p.22) The Bible teaches that salvation is through Jesus –not an earthly organization under heaven. To blindly follow the teachings of the Governing Body for salvation is ignoring the Bible’s direct command, “Do not put your trust in nobles, Nor in the son of earthling man, to whom no salvation belongs.” (Psalm 146:3) Jehovah isn’t using an earthly organization on earth today -he is using something superior: Jesus Christ. If he was using an earthly organization under heaven, and if we must be identified with the name of that organization in order to receive salvation, does that not contradict the meaning of Acts 4:12?

What Would Moses Say?

Next, how would Moses view the organization today? When the Israelites asked Moses how to identify false prophets, Moses replied, “when the prophet speaks in the name of Jehovah and the word does not occur or come true, that is the word that Jehovah did not speak. With presumptuousness the prophet spoke it. You must not get frightened at him.” (Deuteronomy 18:20-22) The organization insists we are not “inspired prophets”, but the Watchtower stated “[Jehovah] had a ‘prophet’ to warn them. This ‘prophet’ was not one man, but was a body of men and women. It was the small group of footstep followers of Jesus Christ, known at that time as International Bible Students. Today they are known as Jehovah’s Christian witnesses.” (The Watchtower, 4/1/1972 p.197, 200) The Governing Body also claims to be God’s "channel". (The Watchtower, 1/15/2001 p.16) In the Bible, a prophet is either inspired and true, or uninspired and false. There are no "uninspired true prophets". Our history has shown that certain events did NOT happen in the years the organization prophesied would happen. For example, the years 1799, 1874, 1878, 1914, 1925 are all significant years where things prophesied did not come true. There is a history to the organization that we as Jehovah’s Witnesses should investigate. According to his own words, how would Moses feel about the organization when it claims to be Jehovah’s channel, His prophet, but has false predicted so many events? Did he make exceptions for the Israelites who did so?

Who Are You Following?

Finally, will you follow someone that Jesus directly says to avoid? Jesus said, “Look out that you are not misled; for many will come on the basis of my name, saying, ‘I am he,’ and, ‘The due time has approached.’ Do not go after them’”. (Luke 21:8) He warned that many would come by means of his name, meaning that they would claim to be fellow Christians working with Jesus, recognizing him as Lord. They would also claim “I am he” or (“I am the Christ”). This means they would be claiming to have been “anointed” or chosen by God to lead His people to salvation. Lastly, they would be proclaiming that the prophetic “due” time has approached, was at hand, that the end was near. As Jehovah’s Witnesses, we believe we have been specially chosen by Jehovah God, and the organization’s anointed Governing Body was chosen to lead us through Armageddon because the end is near. The organization matches Jesus’ description. Jesus warned his followers to avoid following anyone who fits his description. Why would Jehovah raise up a “true religion” that matches the very people Jesus said to avoid?

Seriously Think About This!

The Bible commands us to “test the inspired expressions”. (1 John 4:1) However, the Watchtower tells us not to ask questions. "…They do not question what [God] tells them through his written Word and organization." (The Watchtower, 7/15/1974 p. 441 par. 13) If we follow the Bible and “test” our beliefs, the elders will investigate us for causing divisions or apostasy! Why will God’s organization disfellowship us for obeying His command to test everything we are taught?

My brothers and sisters, I am a 3rd generation Witness. I served as an elder for many years. I am not disfellowshipped or disassociated. Trust me, these four topics are just the tip of the iceberg. We have the responsibility to investigate our teachings and the history of the organization. You can no longer just blindly put your trust in the organization’s theocratic nobles. We must ask questions so we are not misled. We have blindly allowed the Governing Body to convince us that Jesus is not our mediator, yet we're expected to closely follow the organization as our means for salvation. Look! Witnesses now follow the organization as their mediator for salvation! They follow an organization that matches the very description of those Jesus said would mislead us. Though our intentions are good, we have no one to blame but ourselves because we blindly put our trust in nobles of men for salvation, and failed to “test the inspired expressions” that they teach us.

Didn't Jesus die in order to replace the need for an earthly institution to bring us closer to God? Jesus is the way. He is “the truth”… not the organization, or any other man-made organization. Prove you are not following a false prophet that is misleading millions. Start asking questions. Start investigating. Start finding answers.

• designs
    designs

Asking questions about one's religious beliefs is important, be sure and ask probing questions about the claims of Jesus and the NT while you are at it.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Great article DR!! I will be saving it!!

Marked and Bumped!

• designs
    designs

The problem here is in the premise- 'The Bible teaches that Jesus is the one mediator between God and all of mankind', no, only the NT in a couple of passages makes that statement.

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

@ DR - Well said!

I fear for my brothers and sisters who come to the KH faithfully twice each week to be spoon-fed, rather than testing the "inspired expressions" themselves. They haven't realised that they are the ones spoken of as "having their ears tickled."

Today's Watchtower study is a prime example; it twice stated as a matter of fact that the heavenly-hopers are already acting as priests on earth!! Revelation 20:6 says otherwise.

In paragraph 2 this statement was presented as a Scriptural fact - "The rights of non-Israelites were somewhat limited." Which rights? Verses please?

What about two non-Iraelite women who were assimilated into Israel in order to produce the Messiah - Rahab & Ruth? Were their rights limited?

I wish fellow Witnesses would examine the counterfeit words they believe are truth!

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Good questions.

Marked

• villagegirl
    villagegirl

Darth - Sound teaching - Jesus is, the Christ, the Messiah. The only Mediator between God and all mankind. Why is the subject of Jesus Christ so 'embarrassing' to those still with one foot in the WT society ? Even the Acts 4:12 statement that there is one name by which we are saved and that is Jesus Christ. This is not a matter of bible translations, it is the fundamental teaching that Christianity rests on. That Jesus Christ is alive as a Spirit and mediates directly between individuals and Jehovah. All individuals, not just some non-exisitant restricted class. No such class distinctions exist.

• whathappened
    whathappened

Nice work, much appreciated. How do we get this information to the active ones?

• designs
    designs

'the fundamental teaching that christianity rests on' again isn't this really of interest only to someone who wants to be a nominal christian and perhaps join some christian denomination. Jews would disagree in whole as well as the other religions and of course agnostics and atheists who see no need nor want a 'mediator'.

• Skbj
    Skbj

Marked

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit