Downsizing Rumor is Confirmed

by metatron 44 Replies latest jw friends

• teejay
    teejay

Does that mean Jehovah isn't backing the Watch Tower anymore...? – Celia

No... it means the end is very near.

Outsourcing has been a trend among big and small corporations for sometime now, and concentrating in their core business. BTW not sure what the wt core businees is anymore. – One

Good question. If it's been a publishing conglomerate 'till now and it's outsourcing THAT main function, what *is* their game now? Money? Control?

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

Hi! So, it has come to pass that the Tower is the only thing fading away.....this world is going on as per usual. I have to wonder how the "friends" will all take this? If I were still "in" I'd be wondering why they were giving so much power to outside worldly sources....unless they are using "contacts" i.e. businesses that are run and/or owned by JDubs. This is verrrrry interrrresting, as the Nazi guy on Rowan and Martin's Laugh-In used to say!

: - )

• termite 35
    termite 35

This could all benefit them though;If operations are being downsized due to lack of numbers to support the work, financially or physically, they'll just say that they've nearly finished gathering all the 'workers' and VOILA! more proof that the end is near.Those facts used as 'evidence' will pull in a few more for a few more years...

• sunscapes
    sunscapes

termite: you bet...if Jehovah has finished the ingathering work of disciples then the New System must be at the doorstep, just around the corner, etc. etc. Perhaps then they can parallel this to the three and a half year delay before Jerusalem's destruction by the Romans....see......seee.........

Very well this could be the spin they put on it, and they could say that Jehovah is directing them to divest of assets and other non-essentials and outsource stuff back to the old world that is passing away...

Meanwhile, with office space at a huge premium post Sept 11, they can rake in major dough with valuable Brooklyn downtown office real estate assets. These they'd probably NOT sell, for the time being.

Since they believe to inherit everything anyway, there'll be plenty resources to 'go round for the three million left after the great trib. They could all move to Canada where there's lots of clean water, wood, good growing land, livestock, etc.

Why three million? Well, they admit that even among them there exist "unfaithful" ones living double lives...let's peg that at half give or take...allowing for apostate infiltrations.

• coult9056
    coult9056
    "Note to the Bethel workers ... get out now if you're still young and have at least a decent shot at a 'good' job!!! Don't wait until you are 40 years old, no school, no work experience (and don't buy the snake oil that businesses care about your 20 years 'volunteering'. They don't.) Get out now, get some edu-mication and get crakin' - or it'll be another 30 years of cleaning floors/windows until you are too old to move. The big 'A' won't save you - your parents/grandparents/great-grandparents thought that too. And now look at them - dead or dying. Sorry to be harsh, but that's reality. Not the fantasy world ...."

thank, you namewithheld.. So, true.
    "GET OUT! GET OUT OF HER, MY PEOPLE"
    ---coult9056----
    formerly 18 year old regular pioneer janitor
    presently a 29 year old Purdue University Sophomore

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit