Downsizing Rumor is Confirmed

by metatron 44 Replies latest jw friends

• metatron
    metatron

Got more information recently.

Brooklyn Bethel is downsizing , bigtime.

First, they are moving a lot of printing out of Brooklyn
    and into "regional" branches, perhaps closer to where
    the material is distributed. I get the impression that
    there is a greater sense of Brooklyn simply being "the
    United States Branch" rather than the central source
    for just about everything.

I think the figure I understood was half - that 50%
    of the printing and binding was leaving. Workers will
    be shed off.

As for outsourcing, yes, that's been creeping up for
    some time. Food production and trucking went to outside
    sources, sometime ago. Outside sources for printing
    are being looked at - can't confirm any specifics.
    I did hear that one brochure was printed by outside
    sources.

There is a thin hope that forcing publishers to
    pick up magazines at the Hall will encourage meeting
    attendance.

So, 'the chickens are coming home to roost',
    years of unrepaired rot is catching up with them,
    as youth are leaving, money isn't coming in, cutbacks
    haven't worked, and the preaching work isn't growing
    like it used to do.

For me this is healing.

Years of heartache melt away,
    as 'you reap what you sow'
    takes the day.

metatron

• JT
    JT

Metatron

shoot me an email

i heard somthing along those lines about 2 weeks ago

things are changing no question

• Will Power
    Will Power

Now thats "GOOD NEWS"

• Celia
    Celia

Does that mean Jehovah isn't backing the Watch Tower anymore...?

• Had Enough
    Had Enough

metatron and JT:

I agree...this IS GOOD NEWS.

It is encouraging to hear the chips falling out of the foundation of this decaying structure.

That is what I continue to hope for and to see it weaken and lose its grip and control.

Had Enough

"Never doubt that a small group of citizens can change the world.
    Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."
    ...Margaret Mead

• JT
    JT

when you consider that the measuring point for good growth has always been 1% baptism and today we are seeing so much less esp in western countries

it shows that despite all the numbers the Zeal of the jw in the year 2002 is almost dead-

next time you see jw on the street - look at the Urgent pace they are moving at and it is this urgency over the years that kept us going

i will post a repost from Norm on that issue

james

• roybatty
    roybatty

What I don't understand is how on earth could it be cheaper to outsource "trucking and food" (or anything else) when compared to having the slaves at Brooklyn doing it? How could it be cheaper to pay an outside vendor to print a brochure when compared to having people whom you pay, what, $90.00 a month, and some room and board? Maybe I missed something here. Are the cut backs simply for reducing costs or are they because there is less demand for the Watchtower's publications?

• JT
    JT

roybatty

it is mainly the lack of demand esp the old hardback publications

they went to the softback but the actually placement of BOOKS IN comparison to mag is very different

just ask yourself - when there are book offers out of 120 pub how many books actually get placed. not many

i recall going back thru the rev/united in worship books at the bookstudy RARELY DID ANYONE BUY A NEW FRESH BOOKA
    I KNOW I didn't I had all my notes in the margin from conducting2 yrs ago.

• bigboi
    bigboi
    I recall going back thru the rev/united in worship books at the bookstudy RARELY DID ANYONE BUY A NEW FRESH BOOKA

Good point JT. I remember attending bookstudy a few yrs back. We had just finished the Greatest Man book for the second time I believe. It was somettime in '95 or '96. Neways, the book study conductor (who later became the P.O. of the congregation) made it a point to push that everybody make sure they get a new book. His reasoning was that those answers in our old ones were just that, old and it was important for us to have new ones so that we could get a new, fresh viewpoint. I can't imagine him getting that from anywhere but the society. Now I know why he make such a asinine request.

ONE....

bigboi

• one
    one

"What I don't understand is how on earth could it be cheaper to outsource "trucking and food" (or anything else)..."

They work about 8 hours but wt have to take care of them 24 hours.

vehicle cost, maintenance, willing and qualified "slaves" are harder to get, insurance, factory buildings, residential buildings etc etc (how about if they rent those properties?, intead of)

Why families do not grow their own food, fix their car, etc etc. do the math.

Maybe due to 911 'fire'(very close to them) they have accelerated or started to implement their contingency plan. Decentralizing, distributed operation (processing)

Outsourcing has been a trend among big and small corporations for sometime now, and concentrating in their core business. BTW not sure what the wt core businees is anymore.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit