The real danger of "end times" thinking

by new22day 24 Replies latest watchtower bible

• new22day
    new22day

My point is, we have responsibility with this life to make the world a better a place for all who inhabit today and in the future. We have inherited this beautiful planet and our lives for a brief time only. What we do wth our time here is telling. Wishing, waiting for the world to end is by nature deluded thinking and hopefully not a self-fullfilling prophecy because we certainly possess the means to do it. And it seems countless people are OK with this.

• Bella15
    Bella15

Some people fear the end because they don't know that we already have everlasting life when you become a follower of Jesus The Christ, it is hard to explain in my personal case I know I am walking into eternity and instead of slowing me down it has opened endless possibilities, I look forward to the future, to what my children will become, how big my business will get, whom I will show the way. by faith I have received the gift of everlasting life and know that whether I live or die when Jesus comes back to the earth I am in Him already thus I live. I don't fear the end as prophecied in the bible, the end is not for believers, the end is for unbelievers this according to my Christian faith that I know profess.

• new22day
    new22day

Well Bella, that's a nice perspective and good to see that your faith inspires you to do more with this life and not less.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

It is not just the End Time thinking that is harmful, it is the belief in an Afterlife too, how many would be willing to be suicide bombers if the knew like me that there is no Afterlife ?

• Fernando
    Fernando

Excellent observation new22day!

The truth of the matter exposed in just two questions!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit