I asked an elder today...from the horse's mouth!

by Julia Orwell 26 Replies latest jw friends

• truthlover
    truthlover

Never saw any recent annual report from Canada - you used to be able to get it online thru the Income Tax dept but dont know if you still can.. One year they had an income of $50 million.. that was back in 2004. I had the actual numbers - income and expenses for sev years prior to that too but destroyed them.

In the U S, I know that on the WW report it states there are over 1.1 million pubs - yet their hours and new baptisms are down vs Brazil who has only 720,000 pubs yet both have about the same number of baptisms.. seems the U S is starting to fall behind. The U S cong is increased from 2011 but baptisms are down, as I said.

All figures on the WW report are rounded - if it says 1 % growth, it is not a full percent but only a tenth of a percent is truthful..and when you look at those baptized and add that number to the average pubs, and then apply the two numbers to the so called 2012 aver pub it does not compute. There are 125,455 pubs missing or 81 million hours of preaching vanished.

I believe that with the closing of the branches, the truth, once again, is not being told to the pubs -as any reason spiritually, is accepted.

This can all translate (along with the child abuse cases) to falling income levels, yet they continue to build. Someone can correct me but some GB member said, "when the money stops coming in, Jehovahs blessing is gone too" or something along that line.. looks like that may be happening. I believe someof the growth is because of the bethelites in all countries being turned out to the field and the congregations now having to support them. After all, 2200 were removed to the field 3 years ago from Brooklyn... if they are showing only a 1% growth?? this yearbook, what would it have been without the extra bodies in the field?

TL

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Wouldn't the correct and honest answer be that the vital important message that the WTS. set out since its inception as god's chosen

Watchtower for all mankind, is that its now being recognized from many inside the organization and outside of it that it was all a

decisive commercialized fraud. Inspired upon distributing non-biblical troths and exploitations, endeavored to proliferate the organization's

published goods. Some of this down sizing has something to do with money but there's also something else thats concerning as well.

• suavojr
    suavojr

My congo in the South East, USA. has plenty of cash on hand and the donations for the worldwide work is still holding strong.

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Thank you for letting me listen in on a very insightful topic.

My comment: Liquidating, offshore tax shelters, staying mum about it. If the little R&F do it, Big Mama, most certainly does.

Just Lois

• Londo111
    Londo111

marked

• RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

Julia

My comment would be that this elder has zero inside information and simply made an off-the-cuff remark as to his theory on it. I've heard that comment before, years and years ago.

When pressed, every faithful JW ON THE PLANET is going to fall back on the party line. But casual stray comments like this one roll off people's tongues when their guard is down IMO.

• jonahstourguide
    jonahstourguide

Hi Julia fyi

Searching for something else and came across this thread.

I am in Oz and in 2011 the non profit financial return showed that

$18,388,395.00 was received in donations. Up from $13,378,741.00

in year ended August 2010.

Donations and overseas aid (outgoings) was $ 4,720,856.00, this

amount was apart from the rest being spent in oz for

teaching, evangelizing and bethel services.

doc i.d. 027755824 abn 42 002 861 225 page 13 0f 22

Regards

jtg

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit