My experience at the Memorial...

by Richie 28 Replies latest jw friends

• Had Enough
    Had Enough

Richie:
    I'm so sorry you had to go through this horrendous but typically hypocritical treatment. I experienced the same treatment when I had to go through this same "looking for an empty seat because of being told to only come into the hall when the meeting started" routine, for the usual year before being reinstated.

Looking back now, it is beyond me how they all can hold their heads up and think this is how Jesus would have treated someone coming back into the fold. I am infuriated each time I think about it and even more so when I continue to read of this treatment going on everywhere.

As for your statement

If you stay overnight just one time with a boy or girlfriend, in the eyes of the elders you already have committed fornication...
    Yes this IS true.

This same thing was told to me by my PO at the time my son was starting to miss meetings and had moved into a house rented by him and 5 guys.

When this PO and another elder went there to talk to my son, they could see several young girls sleeping on the floor in the livingroom having stayed there after a party the night before.

The elder told me that very same thing, that even if there was no fornication committed, that in the eyes of the elders, there was, so he could be df'd because of that.

At the time I was the meek and mild JW, not wanting to make any waves, and I didn't even think to ask that PO where this is stated in the Bible. Of course it isn't....but I would still like to ask him this question and maybe will get the chance yet.

Had Enough

"Never doubt that a small group of citizens can change the world.
    Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."
    ...Margaret Mead

• Yadirf
    Yadirf

You drink a lot, don't you JT. I can tell it every time I read one of your posts. Must be an expensive habit to support for one that was "cheated out of an education".

Cheers,
    Yadirf

• Yadirf
    Yadirf

Richie

Yadirf, you mentioned that I am on this board, yet how could I be repentant at the same time?
    No, I insinuated that you chum with those who hate the WTS. Don't you?

You show me one scripture that would forbid me to freely utter my thoughts and opinions?
    Freely utter your thoughts and opinions where? At the Hall?

I have never denigrated Jehovah or everything he stands for.
    What does he stand for, in your opinion?

For you to make a statement that it would be hypocritical to be on this board, then you would be terribly guilty of apostasy yourself!
    Try to calm down, Richie. You're allowing emotion to rule. You know that what you're saying here is not the truth. Check out what I've already said above.

So far, you have posted 1254 comments on this board: a horrible sin indeed, but nonetheless "welcome" to this board my brother...
    For what reason are YOU here on this board, Richie?

By the way, you will be surprised to find out how many "faithful" ones may be destroyed at Armageddon and how many "apostates" will actually make it through God's final judgment...
    You must tell me about that sometime.

Yadirf

• roybatty
    roybatty

Xenu,

You are incorrect about your statement regarding staying overnight with someone of the opposite sex. As a matter of fact, when I was an elder, we even had an exact time that if a brother or sister were alone in a house with someone of the opposite sex, it was assumed that fornication took place. I believe it was after 2:00AM. No joke, this is true.
    An indivudual could deny all they wanted but if two witnesses saw your car parked in the driveway of your girlfriend or boyfriend, you're screwed.

• Richie
    Richie

Yadirf...
    You brought up 6 points and not one of them you answered. Your reply to the 1st point was an insinuation on your part. Do you chum with the opposers of the truth as set forth in the bible? As I said to you before, I love the bible, promote its value and stand for righteousness found in God's word and I love my heavenly Father..., do you?
    As a matter of interest, did you know that the WT prefers that no one should have their own website promoting the WTBTS? Only the Society should have one. I realize you will not be df'd for that, but it is a mark against you, according to their decree. What do you think about that?

My thoughts and opinions do NOT go contrary to scripture, do yours?
    You knew exactly what I was talking about: the WT is very clear to those who show initial interest (bible students for instance) in promoting understanding and fairness by stating that anyone who would be interested in the truth of God's word, is encouraged to do independent research as much as they can, yet once they are inside the "fold", any thinking which goes contrary to all rules and stipulations brought forth by the WT, even though these rules may not be bible-based necessarily, but nonetheless principled in its form, is forbidden in the strictest sense. Do you think that the Bereoens had such "freedom"? The Bereoens made sure that all matters at hand would always be in conjunction with bible decrees and they would not allow themselves to deviate from that course!
    True, not everybody on this board uses logic and common sense, but many do. However in the interest of fairness, many bring out points which are necessary to be expounded on, such as the occurrence of many suicides, mental illnesses, family breakdowns to name just a few... Not to mention the enormous amounts of flip flop understandings by the WT, all in the name of the light getting brighter and brighter, yet all the time claiming to be "prophets" in Jehovah's name. The prophets from of old never made a mistake in prophesying, even though all of them were imperfect and made many personal mistakes, which of course is understandable and acceptable. A prophet speaks in the name of Jehovah, which means that the understanding set forth should be truth to begin with and every newer understanding of a similar point should have a broader truth, a more wide ranging truth, an enhanced truth of understanding! In that case would the light be getting brighter, not the complete flip flops done by "Jehovah's spokesmen" (WT), which at best were embarrassing. Additionally, in almost all flip-flop cases no apology was ever given, but a flippant excuse for the total wrongness of an interpretation by the members of the GB, who at the very least should have otherwise shown an acceptable humility.

I have never denigrated, slandered or run down Jehovah or Jesus Christ on anything he stands for...
    He stands for justice, truth and righteousness in a supreme sense, far, very far above mere tiny humans such as us. In your opinion, what does he stand for?

You know that the Society forbids any member to be on this board for any reason whatsoever! That includes witnessing or even moderating discussions, even if they are bible-based or to set matters straight.
    I disagree with this strait-jacket approach, as we are all responsible to God on an individual basis. So to restrain someone from proclaiming any reasonable thoughts which do not go against bible standards, one could hardly be called an apostate of sorts. Or could it be perhaps that the Society is afraid that people will discover things about the organization, which would otherwise remain hidden?

You have posted 1255 comments on this board. Considering the aforementioned comments of mine, for what reason are YOU here on this board Yadirf?

My last quote still stands in that Jehovah looks at out hearts: we are responsible for our own salvation. Remember that only God can read our hearts and discern our deepest thoughts, so consequently let him that thinks he is standing beware that he does not fall. The outcome of God's wrath would be a surprise to all of us, very much so indeed....

Richie :*)

• TR
    TR

Yadirf,

Your comments would carry more weight if you practiced what you preach. Now, when are you going back to the meetings, not having been there for a quarter century?

TR

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

No sense in feeding the hypocritical, pathetic TROLLS folks.

If you'll notice, Friday takes all the pleasure in the world in attempting to preach or be condescending to someone else, but he repeatedly avoids matters when it shows his blatant hypocrisy in POSTING on this board.

He is a joke. Read his long-winded garbage for amusement, nothing more.

PERSONAL WEBPAGE-
    http://www.geocities.com/latinloverchicago/Jason1.html
    FREELANCE ARTWORK FOR SALE-
    http://www.geocities.com/latinloverchicago/JasonArtwork1.html

• Richie
    Richie

Thanks for your post Scully...
    It's true what you said about my youngest daughter. Even though it is hypocritical on the part of the witnesses by accepting her within their midst, I am nonetheless happy that she is treated that way. She is bright enough to see through all the pretense, yet she knows that not all witnesses are to blame - they just follow the rules whenever necessary up to a point.

Richie :*)

• Budda Belly
    Budda Belly

I think Richie smarter than Friday....

• delfsgirl
    delfsgirl

It is so sad that a religion is so abusive in many ways. When you meet witnesses and they try to shun you - try looking right into their eyes and say hello to them - be kind or even start a conversation - this will confuse them - love them and they will be startled!

Delf /

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit