My experience at the Memorial...

by Richie 28 Replies latest jw friends

• Richie
    Richie

The memorial was held last night at a community center about 15 km away from the Kingdom Hall. As a df'd person, I always feel more uncomfortable if the Memorial is held at a location other than the regular KH, as I would otherwise know my way around where to sit in obscurity, as well as arriving just as the meeting is about to start.
    Well, I decided to come a little bit earlier (although not too early) - then walked inside the community center and suddenly I was standing in front of the wide entrance where practically everyone was gathered in order to get a perfect view of who were entering the hall. Needless to say, I felt like an alien, someone who did not exist at all, yet when I gazed into the eyes of many of the ones I know, I noticed that they were secretly looking at me and then quickly turned their heads away from me. For a while I was standing there not knowing where to go, whereas trying to find a seat was virtually impossible as many witnesses already secured their seats for themselves. Also I did not want to walk through the hall being surrounded by witnesses who are doing their best to ignore you while trying to find a place to sit down. So I decided to just wait and let myself be a spectacle to all those onlookers when suddenly I saw my daughter and her husband (who are both respected witnesses) enter the building together with my youngest daughter (who is inactive). I felt so good to see them - finally there were some people who could recognize me and would greet me while standing there. They greeted me of course, especially my youngest (inactive) daughter, who was so happy to see me there - we both kissed each other. They were going to check and see if there was a seat available for me. Before that, I discreetly asked a few elders if they could check for a seat and they all sort of gestured that they would try, but they never did as I saw them move away from where I was standing and they just continued to speak to others. I tried a couple of times to ask them again if there was a special section reserved for visitors and they just nodded and continued to greet others.
    Incidentally, my youngest daughter of 25 years is baptized but now inactive for some time, however when she entered the hall, everyone greeted her and they were so happy to see her. Yet she is living with a man (not married) for some time now, which is common knowledge to most of them. Although I do not wish the shunning treatment upon my youngest daughter by any means, I was sick to my stomach to observe the hypocrisy of the witnesses by allowing her in their midst as one of their own, having full knowledge of her lifestyle! Isn't one of the reasons for being disfellowshipped to protect the congregation from bad influence? On the other hand, I am going to the meetings regularly for some time now (I repented a long long time ago) but because of JW-protocol, I am still shunned and ignored. Certainly a double standard...
    I looked around and closed my eyes briefly to make sure that I was not dreaming - was this all true? - I wanted to get out of this dream and get back to reality, where people would have normal reactions - no it was not a dream, but harsh reality. At that moment I seriously considered leaving the hall before the meeting even started! Moments later, I walked helplessly toward the back of the hall looking around for a seat when my youngest daughter came toward me and said there is one seat smack right in the front. I told her that I would prefer to sit in the back somewhere where I finally found a seat.
    Then I started to realize what a loving arrangement this all is: a bad dream after all...

Richie :*)

• Xenu
    Xenu

Although your daughter may be living with somebody, she probably
    has been asked by the older men of the congergation if she has committed fornication. If she has answered no, there is nothing they can do.

• Richie
    Richie

If you stay overnight just one time with a boy or girlfriend, in the eyes of the elders you already have committed fornication...
    It is common knowledge that my daughter is living with her boyfriend for some time now - the elders do not have to ask her; it is automatically assumed that they committed fornication as they are both not married....

• Scully
    Scully

Same thing happened with a friend of mine several years ago. She had been inactive for a few years, and had been travelling. When she moved back to the congregation's territory, she had a worldly boyfriend that she was living with.

She wasn't attending meetings, didn't represent herself to anyone as a JW, and they turned a blind eye to what was going on. I believe there was some discussion about her baptism being invalid because she was just 13 when she was baptized, but when she decided to return to meetings, she didn't have to get re-baptized. How convenient.

I'm glad your daughter is being treated well, though. I don't understand why the congregation is dragging its heels on reinstating you. I thought repentance was all that was necessary..... I guess Jehovah (and his people) really know how to hold a grudge.

Glad you're here though.

Love, Scully

• Yadirf
    Yadirf

Richie

I am going to the meetings regularly for some time now (I repented a long long time ago) but because of JW-protocol, I am still shunned and ignored.
    Aren't you chums with the apostates here on this board, Richie? Then what do you mean that you "repented"? What, do you actually think those there at the Hall can't see straight through your hypocrisy? You're in terrible shape, Richie. Quit making it so hard on yourself, will you please. I say that with all sincerity.

Yadirf

Daniel 11:35 ... a KEY prophecy that must be fulfilled before the "time of the end" gets underway.

• Xenu
    Xenu

I am aware of situation similiar to yours. The elders have no grounds
    for disfellowshipping if someone denies that they have committed a gross sin. What can be taken away are privileges, as this can bring
    reproach upon the congergation. Unless I missed a literature article with the needed Biblical references, you stand corrected.

• Richie
    Richie

Yadirf... don't you see? When one receives a stamp "re-instated", only then can I have a "normal" relationship with my daughter and grandson. Convenient? Yes! Repentant? Yes! Hypocritical? No!
    Who is to blame for this protocol? You be the judge!

• JT
    JT

fRIDAY CONTINUES TO IMPRESS

"Aren't you chums with the apostates here on this board, Richie? Then what do you mean that you "repented"? What, do you actually think those there at the Hall can't see straight through your hypocrisy? You're in terrible shape, Richie. Quit making it so hard on yourself, will you please. I say that with all sincerity."

######3

Today is Good Friday for some folks, and lost of folks are off today, they got all that Gov vacation time to take,

we only have 53% of users logged into the network so it's light today.

and when it gets light the NONJW are like James what is the lastest-I LOVE THIS JOB-

Well Nancy, Rob and Jeff are logged into this site right now and they love this Friday guy as Jeff says :

I have explained to them the WT teaching on hanging with Apostates and what scriptures that wt gives to support this.

so now they read Friday's post and yes the Hypocrisy is HERE FOR ALL TO SEE

Friday - to be honest about it i'm starting to wonder are you really a Former _JW just messing with us here on the net, playing devils advocate

james

PS
    your post are almost too good to be true

• JT
    JT

Richie

let me share this little interesting thing on "JW MINSET"

there is a poster here i think it's seeker, i think not for sure

anyway there is a guy here who related how the jw mindset is so funny or should i say SO SAD

Anyway he has a bro who is dfed, goes to all the meeting and is begging to be reinstated- no one in the family will deal with him,totolly shunned,

but he himself is not DF or DA, but everyone in the family KNOWS his views on the org and they have him over for dinner and family functions while the other bro gets the shaft.

so he asked them about this big difference and thier response was so revealing.

they told him since NO CONGO ACTION HAS BEEN TAKEN AT THIS POINT HE IS OK FOR NOW

SAME In your case you have been thru the process and sentenced - while your daughter has not- so they are free to deal with her

i know of folks who where dfed for sex , drug,ect-- they call up thier friends and tell them that in 7 days i will be read off and what do they do- they go out to dinner, talking , laughing ,etc

adn they reasoning is we better do all this stuff BEFORE they read you off, so this week we can Hang and then Next week we won;t be able to.

it is this type of mindset that you ran into at the memorial.

I hope that if moves you to continue to take a closer look at this religion to see if they are truly what they claim

James

• Richie
    Richie

Yadirf, you mentioned that I am on this board and how could I be repentant at the same time? You show me one scripture that would forbid me to freely utter my thoughts and opinions? I have never denigrated Jehovah or everything he stands for. For you to make a statement that it would be hypocritical to be on this board, then you would be terribly guilty of apostasy yourself! So far, you have posted 1254 comments on this board: a horrible sin indeed, but nonetheless "welcome" to this board my brother...
    By the way, you will be surprised to find out how many "faithful" ones may be destroyed at Armageddon and how many "apostates" may actually make it through God's final judgment...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit