It's a miserable life --- Really?

by Lady Lee 45 Replies latest jw friends

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Getting back to you Rip

Your comments aren't off topic at all. We need to be able to understand what it is inside of us that makes us want to make things different. Failures are opportunities to learn what not to do the next time. They don't mean we should give up.

--------------------

Pickler

I am facing some big challenges, and I don't know if I have the ability to do what may need to be done. But some things you have to deal with, I know, but sometimes you are just tired.

I think there are some challenges we need to confront. Sometimes they are pretty big, where do I live, where do I work, getting abusers out of our lives, going back to school, changing careers, those kinds of things that are outside of us. Sometimes we need to break the big change into smaller changes first. When I left my second husband I had started buying things I would need when I moved into where ever it was that I was going to wind up. I stored them away and made myself ready to make that huge move (2000 km away). When I decided I wanted to go back to school I took two course just to see if I could do it (hadn't been in a classroom in 20 years and had not graduated high school and was thinking of going to college) But i passed those 2 courses and then enrolled full-time. The 2 courses showed me I could do it.

I am a lot harder when it comes to those challenges within me - like my health. I hate taking pills. Many are so big that I often gag on them. But I have learned over time that if I don't take those pills my pain levels will get out of control. I want to believe that I can control this on my own. But I have to learn - well am learning that there are some challenges in life that I have to accept. I do what I can to improve my life as much as possible - like taking my medication. It is called acceptance. I struggle with accepting that there are limitations on what I can do or what is reasonable to do. I am just now accepting that I can reduce my medications to twice a day with no real impact on my pain levels. But my limitation is that if I only take those two doses and I miss one or am late the pain kicks in. I am now accepting that I do need that third dose so that if I am late or I miss one my pain levels will not be shooting through the roof and be out of control.

--------------------

as for taking my wheelchair in the sky or under the sea -- I think I will pass on both and stay on solid ground. lol

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Just an aside from me

The past year has been very hard on my so I haven't neen here very much. Thank you to those who have reminded me that my voice counts.

• donny
    donny

Great post Lady Lee. I feel better just reading it.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Thanks donny

I was thinking.

I wonder how much the lack of personal poiwer that exists among cult members continues to affect people after they leave. Many JWs stay because they believe there is no where else to go. But that too is a powerless way to see it. It is as if they think the MUST have someone else direct their lives or they will wind up as the stereotypical ex-cult member that lives a life of debauchery.

When all you have known is that other people control you, pull your strings and you are somply the puppet on the end it can be a huge leap of faith to even begin to consider yu can be the director of your own lfe. I can certainly see that some people who believe they can't do it might be stuck right there.

• pontoon
    pontoon

Lady Lee,

• mouthy
    mouthy

Lady Lee I see where you dont only make sense with the hands

( when you used to do the sign language at assemblies) You do very well with your thoughts also.
    Your input is wonderful advice. Thanks
    Richard L must have been listening to your advice over the years also.
    He turned up with his new woman about 20 years younger his age.( must be his 43???) at my grandsons the other day
    He walked out on that grandson when he was 3 years old ....LOL
    I too suffer from pain Rheumatoid Arth. also.But although I am looking forward to a long sleep in the sky!!!
    I try to be funny to all I meet because I believe laughter is good medicine
    Keep up the good work...... LEE

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

The sign language wasn't my thoughts. That was simple word for word translation of what someone else was saying.

Now I have my own voice.

I doubt Richard L would be listening to me. But my first thought is: What does he want? That woman would be close to your grandson's age. Really close. It is kind of late for him to show up to be a real father. Generally people don't change as they get older. (Well unless they get help) They get worse - well the bad ones get worse. Richard must be close ot 65. Yea my first thought is what does he want.

Grace you know my family. They are about as toxic as any family can get.

Coming out of that if there are things I can do to help other people then I feel like a real survivor; that I can take all those bad experiences and make something good out of it; that I have conquered where I came from.

What you say about me is valued greatly because you know this family. You know where I came from and what it was like in this family. Then on top of it we were dragged into a cult. Few of us left without major scars.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Watch and read this video. Food for thought. The lyrics are so true, too. I think of life this way: for every sad thing, bad thing, I've got 20,000 blessings. I'm not saying I never feel sadness or grief, but I work to right myself and land on my feet. Accentuate the positives.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttu9U5Tp4oc

• mouthy
    mouthy

That is just what I asked LUKE??? What does he want...?
    So I am afraid I lost my call & said "Your better Christians than I( they are Atheists.)
    My wish is never to hear about him...Yes he is 64.But Sue( ex wife) said they liked the woman very much.?
    She says "MUM!!!! Bill so good to me I must thank GOD for letting me escape .Not her doing His by cheating.?
    I personally think Lee your a REAL credit to GOD!!!!!! You have helped SOOOOO Many including me XXXXX

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

Last week we watched 24/7 news coverage on television about a cruise ship that was stranded without power. We heard about the horror and tragedy. About people being forced to crap in a baggie or pee in a sink. Mothers rushing to doctors to pick up antiobiotics for their children that might have been exposed to 'something'. Lawsuits because as a few people said - their lives have been ruined emotionally in having to deal with this. Drinking bottled water without air conditioning.

I recognize the incovenience of all of this hardship most certainly - but some part of me then questioned how privileged to have been able to live in a time where that is the only hardship you suffer to complain about.

The same week that this was happening I watched a movie called Lore. It was about a young girl about 13, her parents put into the Russian camps to starve, leaving her to find her way to her grandmothers home in Germany with her 4 younger siblings in tow - including a baby under one year of age. Along the way she watched her little brother get shot and killed by Russians. They had no food. They walked for miles until their feet bled. And I thought how ill equipped people often are today to handle such real life tragedies.

Then I followed it up with a story about the Wilhelm Gustloff, a boat that was sunk with 10,000 refugees on it in 1945 - 9,000 of the people on the boat perished in the waters. It's a story most people never hear about and makes the Titanic seem miniscule. One young girl walked 7 miles with only a suitcase and her sister just to try and reach the ship - in January - in snow and freezing temperatures. Her sister perished when the ship was torpedoed, she never saw her parents again as they were killed by the Russians - she was one of under 1,000 survivors.

When I hear people talk about misery I always think of those people. sammieswife

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit