Are homosexuals born that way? The March 15 Watchtower seems to say so.

by matt2414 76 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Matt2414:

Open Mind, that WT-apologist hat is more like a dunce cap. Many of those arguments don't hold water.

Um... there's a difference??

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

Where the difference comes into play and distinguished is what social behavior is induced solely upon genetic reproduction and what behavior is induced from no biological basis

Again, I disagree. That's the point. The origin of the 'sin'--external (social) or internal (genetics)--is irrelvant to their argument.

If one accepts that premise, the rest of the argument flows. Since the rest of the argument flows, it is persuasive to those who are not adept at challenging premises.

HS is a sin, regardless of whether it originates via nature (genetics) or nuture (social factors).

Good Christians shun those who sin.

X is a HS

Therefore, good Christians must shun X.

The only flaw in that logic is the premise...of course, that is a BIG flaw!

• Heartofaboy
    Heartofaboy

I nearly fell for that crock fulltimestudent.

After confessing all to an elder I thought the HS would finally help me as I no longer had a secret sin. Just at this time a new girl from a nearby congregaion started working in the same office as me.

I thought it was HS guiding me toward her just as the elder said it would if I prayed hard enough.

I liked her, she was pretty & we seemed to get on. I suppressed the nagging doubts I had regarding the sex stuff & on the wedding night hoped the HS would give me the erection needed............it sure as hell wouldn't be there otherwise.

I ended the relationship a few weeks before the wedding when I knew in my heart I was going to mess this young woman's life up as well as my own.

DO NOT BELIEVE THE PERSON THAT SAY'S THEY HAVE HEARD OF SEVERAL GAY BROTHERS THAT ARE IN A HAPPY HETEROSEXUAL RELATIONSHIP.

THE PASSION IS JUST NOT THERE!

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

Heartofaboy I am so glad you were able to see that getting married to someone you are not attracted to would be a big mistake. I wonder how many bad marriages the WTBTS creates by fostering the erroneous notion that homosexuality is some kind of choice? I had a friend who married a brother who was gay. Fortunately the marriage ended quickly and there were no children involved, but it was very traumatic for her, and of course it was a subject of gossip for years.

Nothing good can come of a marriage like that. I have been in both a very unhappy marriage and a very unhappy marriage, and I cannot imagine a happy marriage without sexual passion and desire. Yes, commitment and shared goals are importment, but a marriage without sexual attraction is just a business arrangement. No matter how hard you might try, it's not going to be the same.

It's just a recipe for failure, leaving one partner to feel unloved and unwanted, and the other to feel frustrated and guilty. And what of any children to brought into this mess? Even if the marriage doesn't end, the children will know something is wrong, even if they do not know what it is. The WTBTS is way off on this one and they have no doubt ruined many lives with this teaching, which is contrary to what science tells us about same sex attraction - it's not a choice and it will not go away.

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

This is from the YP Ask book where they sit firmly on the fence as to if homosexuals are born that way and like the "behaviour" to someone pre-disposed to violence.

“Homosexuals can’t change their orientation; they’re born that way.”

“The Bible doesn’t comment on the biology of homosexuals, although it acknowledges that some traits are deeply ingrained. (2 Corinthians 10:4, 5) Even if some are oriented toward the same sex, the Bible tells Christians to shun homosexual acts.”

Suggestion: Rather than get ensnared in a debate about the cause of homosexual desires, emphasize that the Bible prohibits homosexual conduct. To make a comparison, you could say: “You know, many claim that violent behavior can have a genetic root and that as a result, some people are predisposed to it. (Proverbs 29:22) What if that was true? As you might know, the Bible condemns fits of anger. (Psalm 37:8; Ephesians 4:31) Is that standard unfair just because some may be inclined toward violence?”

http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1102011149

• Heartofaboy
    Heartofaboy

Hi LisaRose.

I knew a JW bro that married a JW sister who knew he was gay & thought she could change him.

A DISASTER!

My boyfirend only has to talk to me over the phone & my heart flutters in a way it never did with my intended all those years ago.

By the way my boyfriend, never a JW, got married knowing he was gay & he said he just couldn't touch his wife sexually, which led to much unhappiness. So he felt the pressure to marry even though he was 'worldly'.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The WTS is just reiterating the position that was written in the bible about HS, they don't care or have any other thoughts or

position outside of that subjective framework.

Homosexual people were deemed lowly evil nothings and their behavior was acknowledged as being somewhat disgusting.

Mind you the ancient rich people who could have their own servants used these ones described in the bible as born eunuchs

around the house serving themselves and their wifes.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit