Are homosexuals born that way? The March 15 Watchtower seems to say so.

by matt2414 76 Replies latest watchtower bible

• matt2414
    matt2414
    15 One brother who was raised in a Christian household wrote that for as long as he could remember, he struggled with homosexual tendencies. He said: “I always felt awkward. It seemed that I didn’t fit in anywhere.” By age 20, he had become a regular pioneer and was a ministerial servant in the congregation. Then he stumbled badly, was Scripturally disciplined, and received help from the elders. By praying, studying God’s Word, and focusing on helping others, he picked himself up and resumed his spiritual pace. Years later, he admits: “At times I still have those feelings, but I don’t let them overtake me. I have learned that Jehovah will not let you be tempted beyond what you can handle." (WT 3/15/13 Page 6)

For years the Governing Body has been blaming homosexuality on environmental elements. Even the Young People Ask, Volume 2, book blames "permissive attitudes" and the way homosexuality is so "talked about" openly as causes for its spread. So how do they explain the above example where a brother was "raised in a Christian household" and struggled with homosexual tendencies "as long as he could remember"? Most Witness kids are rather isolated from the world, spending much time going to meetings and door-to-door proselytizing. So how did this guy "turn" gay, when there are so many "worldy" kids raised around gay culture who end up straight?

Isn't the Watchtower all but admitting that people are born gay? This guy felt that way "as long as he could remember." Most kids can remember back to age 3 or 4. That means he knew something was different about himself even before he could understand anything about sex and sexuality. And even with all the Witness indoctrination and mind control he says, "I still have those feelings." In other words, he is being made to detest and abhor the way God made him -- even though God made him so wonderfully (Psalm 139:14) -- so he can live the way the Governing Body wants him to. He has to live a lie, to accept their "truth."

• GromitSK
    GromitSK

I recall their advice to me: get married.

• Bella15
    Bella15

I think you can be homosexual but you should not have a relationship with someone of the same sex...you have to pray away those urges ...

• jgnat
    jgnat

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAJ-5J21Rd0

Here's a mind-bender for you. I betcha most of us have a little gay in there somewhere...

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

It's about time that they acknowledge that most people are born Gay. I knew I was "Different" when I was 6, even though I didn't know what the word homosexual meant. Had it been a choice for me, I would have chosen to be Hetero, as it would have avoided a lot of pain, anguish, guilt, ostracism, and all of the other problems that Gay people many times face.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

When you consider the source (GB) men who are not homosexual or educated well, saying all that is required is stay close

to Jehovah and your homosexuality will be abated or as some other religious organizations " just pray the gay away " and you'll be fine.

The remaining question presents itself, how does something that is genetically created in humans become something that is recognized to be a sin?

Why not blindness, mental retardation and all the other genetic abnormalities that does occur in human procreation ?

Most JWS men I knew who were gay left or they got married thinking that their inner biological feelings would go away when they did marry

a woman, they didn't., they left those marriages to pursue their own inherent sexual identity.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

When you consider the source (GB) men who are not homosexual

Think that one over, what was his name, Greenlees? And another brother who is/was part of the GB "born that way?"

• clarity
    clarity

Interesting .... & food for thought.

>

Funny how religion doesn't leave any room for thought,

people follow along, believing what they have been told

to believe.

Thanks for the mind opener!

clarity

>

• matt2414
    matt2414
    The remaining question presents itself, how does something that is genetically created in humans become something that is recognized to be a sin?
    Why not blindness, mental retardation and all the other genetic abnormalities that does occur in human procreation?

Finkestein, those are good questions. But actually, it's not much different from the way lepers were treated in Bible times. Through no fault of their own, lepers were treated as outcasts, less than human, but that obviously was not what God had intended. What about the way blacks have been treated by people who thought they were following the Bible? And don't even get me started on the way women have been and continue to be treated? All people who had no choice as to how they were born. Would a loving God really be this inhumane and heartless? Aren't the real sinners those who try to "lord it over" others, subverting God's authority?

• Quendi
    Quendi

bookmark

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit