w92 7/15: "It is the obligation of all JWs to hate apostates"

by cedars 41 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Refriedtruth
    Refriedtruth

Marked

• blondie
    blondie

Good point about hating Solomon who died an apostate but............I can see a jw saying that he paid for that sin with his death. The WTS response to whether Solomon will be resurrected is interesting.

Though Solomon died in an apostate state, the WTS says he will be resurrected. What about so-called ex-jw apostates today?

*** w05 7/15 p. 31 Questions From Readers ***

What happened to Solomon when he died? The Bible answers: “The days that Solomon had reigned in Jerusalem over all Israel were forty years. Then Solomon lay down with his forefathers, and was buried in the City of David his father.” (1 Kings 11:42, 43) Hence, it seems reasonable to conclude that Solomon is in Sheol, or Hades, from which he will be resurrected.

This conclusion implies that the possibility of being resurrected is open to others concerning whom the Scriptures specifically say, ‘they lay down with their forefathers.’ In fact, many of the kings who succeeded Solomon, though unfaithful, are spoken of in this way. This is not inconceivable, since “there is going to be a resurrection of both the righteous and the unrighteous.” (Acts 24:15) Of course, only after “all those in the memorial tombs” are raised will we know for a certainty who has been favored with a resurrection. (John 5:28, 29) So rather than be dogmatic about the resurrection of any particular individual of old, we wait, trusting in Jehovah’s perfect decision.

• QueenWitch
    QueenWitch

Those of us who believe in God don't hate Jehovah but we may not believe in the Hebrew/Christian God. Those of us who don't believe in God don't hate Jehovah simply because how can you hate something that you don't believe in? I think it's safe to say that we hate the organization.

• leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

@Change Name, it is proper to abhor wickedness. However, the Society equates people who disagree with THEM as being people who oppose JEHOVAH. To the Society, the two are mutually inclusive... one cannot be without the other. This may be true in some cases, but from what I've seen, the vast majority here do not oppose Jehovah or Jesus. Many here simply oppose the way they are treated when they disagree with certain teachings of men based on their own Bible research, and slapping a term like "apostate" on any who disagree with men's teachings that have changed, flip-flopped, been reversed, etc. is really an affront to these individuals.

• Terry
    Terry

Somebody please make a list for the GB members indicating all the people Jesus hated.

How many names are on that list?

Did Jesus want us to hate our enemies? I'm confused.

Did Jesus forbid praying for those who spitefully use us?

Should we strike back when we are slapped?

Exactly what IS a true christian supposed to do when confronted with an enemy?

Jesus DIED for them.

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

marking

• Scott77
    Scott77

"

It is every apostate's obligation to hate the cult that is known as the Watchtower!

cantleave

I second cantleave.

Scott77

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I wonder if someone could compile a list of hate speeches from the WT publications and give it to the proper authorities what would happen?

I'm thinking class action lawsuit from many who fit under the umbrella of apostate over this and other speeches might stand a chance I don't know, what say any legal eagles about this?

I bet Forum 18 would love to have all those quotes.

• Roberta804
    Roberta804

MMMM this was made in July 1992. I do remember that summer as my youngest was a babe in arms. A non-JW cousin of mine had a August family reunion. And she invited my sister and I, we left in 1986. We got there a bit late, but as soon as we showed up all our JW relitives 3/4 of the people there left on the spot. My poor non-JW cousin was so upset, she had a whole pig roasting in a pit, tents set up, big expense. "I thought this was a family reunion, not a JW convention." She was so upset. It makes sense now.

Makes me wonder with the 2013 summer convention centered on "obey" and "apostates" the shunning and ill treatment is going to intensify again.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Change Name,

No one is saying that it is wrong to hate " lawlessness ". Everyone here hates child abuse. Although you show more of the article, it does not change the fact that the article is written in such a way, as to allow for hatred of anyone who disagrees with the GB. If you found yourself in a the back room with the Elders and showed them this article in it's entirety, they would not give any consideration to the context. They would simply point out the section about hating apostates, and go through the standard litmus test of loyalty the FDS/GB.

Furthermore, " he who controls the terms, controls the argument ", so when the WTBTS chooses to incorrectly define " apostasy " as anyone who disagrees with their constant tacking in the wind and flip-flops, they control the outcome from the start. Any meeting with the Elders has nothing to do with truth. The sole purpose is to gather enough evidence to convict you. Questioning the FDS, even showing proof of mistakes with the WTBTS's own literature is viewed as a sign of disloyalty. Even if disagreeing with any current light ( even though it's wrong ) could be defined as apostasy, no human has the right to judge another as deserving everlasting destruction. Christ is the judge, not the GB, not the Elders.

The GB also need to prove several things from the scriptures:

1) Jesus' parable of being faithful and discreet applied to a small group of men in New York.

2) They have the scriptural right to occupy the seat of Moses.

3) 1914 is correct and originated with CTR, proving that he was exclusively backed by YHWH.

4) The scriptures teach that a Corporation in the 20th century is our " Spiritual Mother ".

5) There are 2 groups of domestics now. One for which Christ is mediator, and one without Christ as mediator.

6) The Apostles and early Christians were not members of the FDS. The GB teach that events in Jerusalem have a secondary application. Jerusalem experienced a Great Tribulation, so the FDS was appointed before hand. There must have been a first century FDS to have a secondary application in New York during the 20th century.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit