jam

Lisa; I love it when they say "it was a personal decision,

a conscience matter". Unfortunately most JW,s wasn,t around

in 1975. Like you I was there and I was a elder in 1975 and all

believe we would never see 1976 and now 2013, please give me a

break.

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

I remember 1969. I attended the DA in New York City that year. Those were my rebellious years. I did my serious job hunting in 1977. I had to take some college courses back then. I went against the grain back then, but, now many are envious of my pension, and lifestyle. It's sure sad to see that many have suffered financial consequences for bad advice from four decades ago, and we are still being told this story.

Good for your courage.

• Joe Grundy
    Joe Grundy

(I never was a dub).

Yesterday they called at my door. A guy in his 70s, a lady in her 60s. I was suffering from the flu and I really was not in the mood, and I was ready to wade in.

But - they were polite and were smiling and looked happy - and do you know what? I asked myself 'Do I really want to say things that might destroy - for them - what is the basis of their lives?

So I didn't. I smiled and said 'no thanks' and they smiled and said 'thanks for the smile and being polite' and they moved on.

They are not my responsibilty and to be honest if at their stage in life they want to cling to their craziness but it makes them happy, well, so be it.

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

Good approach, Joe....hope you get over the flu. But, some have made out quite well financially, even without an education. This world has it's survivors.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

Thank you all for your comments. I was thinking, if I can't sit and eat my McMuffin in peace, she is going to get an earfull. The one thing I have that some other former Witnesses don't have is that I was there, I know what happened, whatever the Watchtower says.

I think I am going to write up a page of talking points in case this happens again. It will be my "presentation", and if they don't want to talk, I was thinking I would at least offer to take the magazines, if they will take and read my page. They would probably just throw it away due to fear, but who knows. They come by my house all the time, so I am going to reverse proselytize whenever I can. Bwwwaaaaaaa, Lisa the apostate will strike again.

• Sheep2slaughter
    Sheep2slaughter

Love egg mcmuffins. Delicious.

• smiddy
    smiddy

You did a good job,I know it`s hard to keep a cool headsometimes.Maybe you planted a seed.

smiddy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit