It Takes a B.A. to Find a Job as a File Clerk

by 00DAD 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Nice_Dream
    Nice_Dream

This realization really sucks! My husband and I are 30, newly out of "the truth," and we both did not get a degree. My husband took a two year program instead of going for two more years to become an engineer. He was trying to get by without using the world "to the full." So now he's stuck in a dead end, although well paying job. We made some pretty stupid decisions being raised in this religion.

• rebel8
    rebel8

When I hire someone for an entry-level clerical job, I prefer candidates who are not college graduates, because they will just quit when something better comes along. Turnover is expensive.

A lot of those types of applicants reveal they want a foot in the door so they can show me what a great worker they are and then get promoted. Again, turnover is expensive and a P.I.A. I am not interested in being an incubator for other departments' future staffing needs.

I am skeptical of these claims I keep hearing that employers all want college grads for all jobs.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Enterprise Car Rentals only hires people with a college degree. Mind you, this is for clerk's that work the counter renting cars!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit