Is there anyone out there who married a non jW...?how did it turn out for ?Are u happy?

by Chichi89 30 Replies latest jw friends

• Suraj Khan
    Suraj Khan

Born in, left in my teens, didn't dunk. The first time I married, I married my (worldly) college girlfriend. We were both right out of college. I was 22, she was 21. Big mistake. Looking back on things more than 20 years later, I realized I was grasping wildly about for a replacement family. We ended up having two daughters before she collapsed in a ugly bipolar train wreck. Advice here: Don't marry your first girlfriend or boyfriend. Don't marry early. Marriage before 30 should be illegal. Cohabitate, have sex, try different people but for Pete's sake don't commit to something when you have no basis for comparison.

Fast forward to about ten years ago. Two years after my divorce, just when I was starting to feel ready to date again, I met a redhead at the local bookstore. We couldn't stop talking to each other and ended up trading stories sitting in her car until the police pulled up behind us at 2:30 in the morning in the parking lot. :/ After several years, we married on the anniversary of the day we met at the bookstore.

We still can't stop talking to each other. Friends think of us as Carl and Ellie from the movie "Up".

My JW past is a complete mystery to her. She wants to understand but there is no way she can wrap her head around it. I can't say I blame her.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit