The problems with fighting the WTS

by return of parakeet 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• blondie
    blondie

If you are going to "fight" it must be legally. These organizations are not just concerned with 1) the RC but child abuse in all its locations which means changing the laws in the states and countries.

The laws re child sexual abuse are not written to target certain religions but any religion or organization.

I would check what has already been done with this issue regarding the WTS as Gopher says. I would also check with Barbara Anderson who has been fighting on this front for years and knows what has helped in the past.

• BlindersOff1
    BlindersOff1

I may have missed this if someone else said it.

One way to multiply ourselves through others would be to work in cooperation with

the LARGE network of other faiths . Warning other religions about the dangers JWs pose

recruiting their members and bringing harm to them .

"The enemy of my enemy is my friend"

Maybe working with religions to institute a national Do-not-call list against JWs . Picture a whole large congregation

in a community ALL sending letters to Watchtower and the local kingdom halls to get on the do not call list .

• return of parakeet
    return of parakeet

Gopher, did that Dateline program result in any change in the way the WTS operates? I do remember the broadcast, but I don't know how much good it accomplished. Maybe the results were an increase in the number of dubs who left, but there's no way for us to know that, is there?

Blondie, your statement about changing the WTS by changing the laws that affect them is the way to go, I agree. What's good for the goose is good for the goslings.

This thread was just posted about a new documentary dealing with the WTS's financial shenanigans. There is more going on than I thought. I suppose with dubs, one must be satisfied with the smaller victories in hopes the bigger ones will follow.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/246347/1/New-TATT-Documentary-coming-to-Brooklyn-in-March

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit