family, tragedy, and life thereafter(PLEASE READ)

by nappybomber 13 Replies latest jw experiences

• nappybomber
    nappybomber

Hello everone who clicked into this message.

Well, my story is pretty much about "shaken faith". To keep this short, my mother died in 1990, leaving behind 5 children. She died a devout Jehovah's Witness, and before she passed she requested that her children grow up in the faith as well. Therefore, my aunt Marilyn Waldron took all 5 of us into her home, and together with her son, Raymond, we became her 6 children. We regularly attended the Kingdom Hall, Sunday's, Tuesday's, and bible study Thursday's at someone's home. I have 2 older sisters and 2 younger brothers. We managed to stay with my aunt for all but 3 years, before she split us all up. I wasn't sure whether the stress of having so many kids in her home got to her, or not having the means to care for all of us due to her support system being cut off(my grandfather and step-grandmother lived downstairs, and owned the house. They did not like having us around). During the time I was attending the meetings, I was young, but I started to see alot of ungodly like acts occuring. My grandfather did not like us at all, he would want to keep us out of his house and away from him. During the whole 3 years living under my aunt's roof, I can't recall not one family outing we had; I can't even recall ever leaving the house at all except to go to meetings, or to the store. My cousin Raymond was older than the rest of us, he would come and go as he pleased. We were not even allowed to go outside in the backyard, the front steps, anywhere. If my sister came home late from school, she would not be allowed in the house. She would be forced to sleep in the hallway over weekend periods, and we would give her plates of food through the door. Same went for me, or my other sister if we were to come home late. We could not watch TV during the week at all, only weekends. During the week if we finished our homework, we had to read a book, or study our watchtower. When we ate dinner in the house, we couldn't get a drink until we were finished eating. We all lived in the same livingroom(her and her son had their own rooms), and we lived inside of a 2 bedroom *attic* apartment. When it was too hot we had to open a window, just sit by the window. When my grandmother from my father's side would write me letters, she would pre-open the letter and read what my grandmother was writing me, sometimes she wouldn't even give me the letter-just tell me that my grandmother didn't want me and dosen't care about me. Something happened between my cousin Raymond and my sister Melinda, she dosen't tell me but she just has alot of hate for him to this day. One day my brother Jason, who used to sleep in the same bed as me, fell very ill. He was throwing up his food every time he ate. He wouldn't communicate, just cry. He was 6 years old, in kindergarten. ONE MONTH LATER, my aunt decides it may be time for him to go to a hospital because his condition is getting worse. That day she calls an elder, brother Leetch, to come and transport Jason to the emergency room. The day he comes to transport him to the emergency room, he dies on the way there. I thought at that point I couldn't live anymore...Was this an incident that could have been prevented if action was taken sooner? It still bothers me to this day, and this happened 9 years ago, March 9, 1993. My little brother, Jason Tereek Clarke. My other brother, Justin Nathaniel Clarke, was just 5 years old, and they were very close. Even at a time when nobody could eat solid food, everyone is numb, there was a wrong feeling, like this isn't supposed to happen this way. Not long after that, my aunt decides she has had enough of my 15 year old sister Melinda, and decides to take her to live in a group home. Me and my sister Melinda grew up together since we were babies, and I wasn't about to allow her to enter a group home by herself. I asked my aunt if I could go with her, and she quickly agreed. We ended up in the same group home together, and since we left, I have heard from my aunt 1 time. And that was the second day I moved in there. I was 13 at the time. Justin was 6. Vanessa, my other sister, was 16. They stayed behind with my aunt, and Melinda and I stopped attending meetings. About 3 months later, my aunt would decide to move to Louisiana with my younger brother, and Vanessa would stay behind with my uncle Godfrey. I found out through staff at the group home that my aunt moved out of state, and I won't be seeing my brother. I felt alone, lost in life at that point.

Well, currently I am out of the group home, living with my sister Vanessa in Brooklyn, NY. I am going to school for music production, and am working part-time as a driver. I am now 22 years old, grown, with alot of goals in life. It has been going on 10 years since me or Melinda last seen my brother Justin, Vanessa maybe about 8 years. Her son Raymond lives up here in Yonkers with a beautiful baby girl, and her mother. I once seen him, even stayed there briefly, and he claims to not ever see or hear from my brother. However, my aunt's brother Beavan just recently committed suicide in his mother's backyard, and Raymond went to his funeral and seen my brother. I called his cellphone in the hopes that he may put Justin on the phone, but he puts my step-grandmother on the phone, who says hello, and informs me that Justin cannot see me until he is 18 because I am a worldly person, and the bible does not permit him to be around his worldly relatives. My cousin Raymond does not attend meetings, and is not a Jehovah's Witness, but he is allowed around my blood brother? What is the difference between us if that truly is the case? I would like to sue my aunt, but I'm wondering if that is actually possible. My mother, Ingrid Pauline Clarke, a sister in the faith, sometimes I wonder if she can actually turn over in her grave if she knows what my aunt has done to us mentally, and spiritually. I would like to see my brother before he turns 18, if possible, because I do not feel that they have the right to put a timeline on when I could see him. By the time he is 18, if he comes to see me, I would tell him everything that has happened, because he was just way too young to realize, and I'm sure that he would like to get to know his real mom, and brothers and sisters. The family I talk to you all about actually still attend meetings in Louisiana, like none of this ever occured. I always said to myself that if I went back to church one day, I couldn't see myself in any other one except the congregation. But people like this, like my Aunt Marilyn Waldron, grandfather Basil Waldron, step-grandmother Doreen Waldron, cause me to develop shaken faith. I want very badly to see my brother, and if the bible does not permit me to see him until he is 18, I can't help but to feel that I am reading the wrong bible. I still have yet to locate my brother, I only know it is somewhere in Louisiana, maybe Zachary, or Baton Rouge. I live in Brooklyn, NY, and my name is Rashawn Clarke. Please respond to this letter, and thank you for reading.

• deddaisy
    deddaisy

RASHAWN:
    what a heartbreaking story! A lot of the people here have also had tragedy and hurt in their lives and it will most likely help you to heal a little if you communicate with them here. I hope that you stick around and see if maybe it doesn't help somewhat. It's late and I'm half asleep so you'll have to forgive me, but I didn't get your brother's name (that you'd like to see before he's 18) and his whereabouts, if you know. Please answer and put down any info you have concerning him, like where he was living.....
    A GREAT BIG HUG !!!!
    Peace, L

• Farkel
    Farkel

Formatted for the folks:

Well, my story is pretty much about "shaken faith". To keep this short, my mother died in 1990, leaving behind 5 children. She died a devout Jehovah's Witness, and before she passed she requested that her children grow up in the faith as well.

Therefore, my aunt Marilyn Waldron took all 5 of us into her home, and together with her son, Raymond, we became her 6 children. We regularly attended the Kingdom Hall, Sunday's, Tuesday's, and bible study Thursday's at someone's home.

I have 2 older sisters and 2 younger brothers. We managed to stay with my aunt for all but 3 years, before she split us all up.

I wasn't sure whether the stress of having so many kids in her home got to her, or not having the means to care for all of us due to her support system being cut off(my grandfather and step-grandmother lived downstairs, and owned the house. They did not like having us around).

During the time I was attending the meetings, I was young, but I started to see alot of ungodly like acts occuring.

My grandfather did not like us at all, he would want to keep us out of his house and away from him.

During the whole 3 years living under my aunt's roof, I can't recall not one family outing we had; I can't even recall ever leaving the house at all except to go to meetings, or to the store.

My cousin Raymond was older than the rest of us, he would come and go as he pleased. We were not even allowed to go outside in the backyard, the front steps, anywhere.

If my sister came home late from school, she would not be allowed in the house. She would be forced to sleep in the hallway over weekend periods, and we would give her plates of food through the door.

Same went for me, or my other sister if we were to come home late. We could not watch TV during the week at all, only weekends.

During the week if we finished our homework, we had to read a book, or study our watchtower.

When we ate dinner in the house, we couldn't get a drink until we were finished eating.

We all lived in the same livingroom(her and her son had their own rooms), and we lived inside of a 2 bedroom *attic* apartment. When it was too hot we had to open a window, just sit by the window.

When my grandmother from my father's side would write me letters, she would pre-open the letter and read what my grandmother was writing me, sometimes she wouldn't even give me the letter-just tell me that my grandmother didn't want me and dosen't care about me.

Something happened between my cousin Raymond and my sister Melinda, she dosen't tell me but she just has alot of hate for him to this day. One day my brother Jason, who used to sleep in the same bed as me, fell very ill. He was throwing up his food every time he ate. He wouldn't communicate, just cry. He was 6 years old, in kindergarten. ONE MONTH LATER, my aunt decides it may be time for him to go to a hospital because his condition is getting worse. That day she calls an elder, brother Leetch, to come and transport Jason to the emergency room. The day he comes to transport him to the emergency room, he dies on the way there.

I thought at that point I couldn't live anymore...

Was this an incident that could have been prevented if action was taken sooner?

It still bothers me to this day, and this happened 9 years ago, March 9, 1993.

My little brother, Jason Tereek Clarke. (Farkel: ?????)

My other brother, Justin Nathaniel Clarke, was just 5 years old, and they were very close. Even at a time when nobody could eat solid food, everyone is numb, there was a wrong feeling, like this isn't supposed to happen this way.

Not long after that, my aunt decides she has had enough of my 15 year old sister Melinda, and decides to take her to live in a group home

Me and my sister Melinda grew up together since we were babies, and I wasn't about to allow her to enter a group home by herself. I asked my aunt if I could go with her, and she quickly agreed. We ended up in the same group home together, and since we left, I have heard from my aunt 1 time. And that was the second day I moved in there. I was 13 at the time. Justin was 6. Vanessa, my other sister, was 16. They stayed behind with my aunt, and Melinda and I stopped attending meetings.

About 3 months later, my aunt would decide to move to Louisiana with my younger brother, and Vanessa would stay behind with my uncle Godfrey. I found out through staff at the group home that my aunt moved out of state, and I won't be seeing my brother. I felt alone, lost in life at that point.

Well, currently I am out of the group home, living with my sister Vanessa in Brooklyn, NY. I am going to school for music production, and am working part-time as a driver. I am now 22 years old, grown, with alot of goals in life.

It has been going on 10 years since me or Melinda last seen my brother Justin, Vanessa maybe about 8 years. Her son Raymond lives up here in Yonkers with a beautiful baby girl, and her mother. I once seen him, even stayed there briefly, and he claims to not ever see or hear from my brother. However, my aunt's brother Beavan just recently committed suicide in his mother's backyard, and Raymond went to his funeral and seen my brother. I called his cellphone in the hopes that he may put Justin on the phone, but he puts my step-grandmother on the phone, who says hello, and informs me that Justin cannot see me until he is 18 because I am a worldly person, and the bible does not permit him to be around his worldly relatives.

My cousin Raymond does not attend meetings, and is not a Jehovah's Witness, but he is allowed around my blood brother? What is the difference between us if that truly is the case?

I would like to sue my aunt, but I'm wondering if that is actually possible.

My mother, Ingrid Pauline Clarke, a sister in the faith, sometimes I wonder if she can actually turn over in her grave if she knows what my aunt has done to us mentally, and spiritually.

I would like to see my brother before he turns 18, if possible, because I do not feel that they have the right to put a timeline on when I could see him. By the time he is 18, if he comes to see me, I would tell him everything that has happened, because he was just way too young to realize, and I'm sure that he would like to get to know his real mom, and brothers and sisters.

The family I talk to you all about actually still attend meetings in Louisiana, like none of this ever occured. I always said to myself that if I went back to church one day, I couldn't see myself in any other one except the congregation. But people like this, like my Aunt Marilyn Waldron, grandfather Basil Waldron, step-grandmother Doreen Waldron, cause me to develop shaken faith.

I want very badly to see my brother, and if the bible does not permit me to see him until he is 18, I can't help but to feel that I am reading the wrong bible.

I still have yet to locate my brother, I only know it is somewhere in Louisiana, maybe Zachary, or Baton Rouge. I live in Brooklyn, NY, and my name is Rashawn Clarke.

Please respond to this letter, and thank you for reading

Well, my story is pretty much about "shaken faith". To keep this
    short, my mother died in 1990, leaving behind 5 children. She died a devout Jehovah's Witness, and before she passed she requested that her children grow up in the faith as well.

Therefore, my aunt Marilyn Waldron took all 5 of us into her home, and together with her son, Raymond, we became her 6 children. We regularly attended the Kingdom Hall, Sunday's, Tuesday's, and bible study Thursday's at someone's home.

(Farkel gives up. This poster must simply learn one thing: we other uneducated dummies have a more than vague idea of what a "paragraph" is.)

More unformatted stuff to follow:

I have 2 older sisters and 2 younger brothers. We managed to stay with my aunt for all but 3 years, before she split us all up. I wasn't sure whether the stress of having so many kids in her home got to her, or not having the means to care for all of us due to her support system being cut off(my grandfather and step-grandmother lived downstairs, and owned the house. They did not like having us around). During the time I was attending the meetings, I was young, but I started to see alot of ungodly like acts occuring. My grandfather did not like us at all, he would want to keep us out of his house and away from him. During the whole 3 years living under my aunt's roof, I can't recall not one family outing we had; I can't even recall ever leaving the house at all except to go to meetings, or to the store. My cousin Raymond was older than the rest of us, he would come and go as he pleased. We were not even allowed to go outside in the backyard, the front steps, anywhere. If my sister came home late from school, she would not be allowed in the house. She would be forced to sleep in the hallway over weekend periods, and we would give her plates of food through the door. Same went for me, or my other sister if we were to come home late. We could not watch TV during the week at all, only weekends. During the week if we finished our homework, we had to read a book, or study our watchtower. When we ate dinner in the house, we couldn't get a drink until we were finished eating. We all lived in the same livingroom(her and her son had their own rooms), and we lived inside of a 2 bedroom *attic* apartment. When it was too hot we had to open a window, just sit by the window. When my grandmother from my father's side would write me letters, she would pre-open the letter and read what my grandmother was writing me, sometimes she wouldn't even give me the letter-just tell me that my grandmother didn't want me and dosen't care about me. Something happened between my cousin Raymond and my sister Melinda, she dosen't tell me but she just has alot of hate for him to this day. One day my brother Jason, who used to sleep in the same bed as me, fell very ill. He was throwing up his food every time he ate. He wouldn't communicate, just cry. He was 6 years old, in kindergarten. ONE MONTH LATER, my aunt decides it may be time for him to go to a hospital because his condition is getting worse. That day she calls an elder, brother Leetch, to come and transport Jason to the emergency room. The day he comes to transport him to the emergency room, he dies on the way there. I thought at that point I couldn't live anymore...Was this an incident that could have been prevented if action was taken sooner? It still bothers me to this day, and this happened 9 years ago, March 9, 1993. My little brother, Jason Tereek Clarke. My other brother, Justin Nathaniel Clarke, was just 5 years old, and they were very close. Even at a time when nobody could eat solid food, everyone is numb, there was a wrong feeling, like this isn't supposed to happen this way. Not long after that, my aunt decides she has had enough of my 15 year old sister Melinda, and decides to take her to live in a group home. Me and my sister Melinda grew up together since we were babies, and I wasn't about to allow her to enter a group home by herself. I asked my aunt if I could go with her, and she quickly agreed. We ended up in the same group home together, and since we left, I have heard from my aunt 1 time. And that was the second day I moved in there. I was 13 at the time. Justin was 6. Vanessa, my other sister, was 16. They stayed behind with my aunt, and Melinda and I stopped attending meetings. About 3 months later, my aunt would decide to move to Louisiana with my younger brother, and Vanessa would stay behind with my uncle Godfrey. I found out through staff at the group home that my aunt moved out of state, and I won't be seeing my brother. I felt alone, lost in life at that point.

Well, currently I am out of the group home, living with my sister Vanessa in Brooklyn, NY. I am going to school for music production, and am working part-time as a driver. I am now 22 years old, grown, with alot of goals in life. It has been going on 10 years since me or Melinda last seen my brother Justin, Vanessa maybe about 8 years. Her son Raymond lives up here in Yonkers with a beautiful baby girl, and her mother. I once seen him, even stayed there briefly, and he claims to not ever see or hear from my brother. However, my aunt's brother Beavan just recently committed suicide in his mother's backyard, and Raymond went to his funeral and seen my brother. I called his cellphone in the hopes that he may put Justin on the phone, but he puts my step-grandmother on the phone, who says hello, and informs me that Justin cannot see me until he is 18 because I am a worldly person, and the bible does not permit him to be around his worldly relatives. My cousin Raymond does not attend meetings, and is not a Jehovah's Witness, but he is allowed around my blood brother? What is the difference between us if that truly is the case? I would like to sue my aunt, but I'm wondering if that is actually possible. My mother, Ingrid Pauline Clarke, a sister in the faith, sometimes I wonder if she can actually turn over in her grave if she knows what my aunt has done to us mentally, and spiritually. I would like to see my brother before he turns 18, if possible, because I do not feel that they have the right to put a timeline on when I could see him. By the time he is 18, if he comes to see me, I would tell him everything that has happened, because he was just way too young to realize, and I'm sure that he would like to get to know his real mom, and brothers and sisters. The family I talk to you all about actually still attend meetings in Louisiana, like none of this ever occured. I always said to myself that if I went back to church one day, I couldn't see myself in any other one except the congregation. But people like this, like my Aunt Marilyn Waldron, grandfather Basil Waldron, step-grandmother Doreen Waldron, cause me to develop shaken faith. I want very badly to see my brother, and if the bible does not permit me to see him until he is 18, I can't help but to feel that I am reading the wrong bible. I still have yet to locate my brother, I only know it is somewhere in Louisiana, maybe Zachary, or Baton Rouge. I live in Brooklyn, NY, and my name is Rashawn Clarke. Please respond to this letter, and thank you for reading

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Hello Rashawn

I am moved by your story , it reads like something that should not happen in this day and age. good luck and take now.

• Angharad
    Angharad

Hi Rashawn

Welcome to the forum, sorry you have been through so much.

• LoneWolf
    LoneWolf

They have a lot to answer for.

LoneWolf

• think41self
    think41self

((((Rashawn))))

What an incredible story. It seems like something that should have happened in the dark ages...not now. I had my own trials in childhood, but nothing like yours.

I am glad you are going to school and still in touch with some family. I hope you stay here for awhile and that your life just gets better and better.

think41self

She had the vocabulary of a brothel owner specializing in service to sailors with Tourette's syndrome

• aprostate
    aprostate

Hi Rashawn,

Wow, you have been through alot. Congrats on keeping sane through all of that. You are a pretty strong person to have made it.

My only suggestion is that you keep researching about the witnesses. The more knowledge you get about the JWs, the more sure you will feel about your decision. At least your brother will have one lifeline out there that isn't a witness.

I am glad that you are on the board.

A BIG hug
    Cheri

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Hi Rashawn,

I'm sorry for the difficulties and sadness you have experienced. What is good that that is in the past now, and you have learned soemthing of the REAL truth. Your life is yours to live.

Did you ever find out what it was that caused your little brother's death? I'm surprised there was no investigation when his lifeless body was delivered to the hospital.

I wish you well.

- Nathan Natas, UADNA
    (Unseen Apostate Directorate of North America)

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

nappybomber

but he puts my step-grandmother on the phone, who says hello, and informs me that Justin cannot see me until he is 18 because I am a worldly person, and the bible does not permit him to be around his worldly relatives.

I did read all of it but I didn't need to.

I hate to be so Blunt, and I'm not trying to be mean BUT...Your step-grandmother is a retard. Unless of course you are evil. But then who knows.

Put on your crash helmet and move on away from those people.

BTW welcome to the board.
    plmkrzy

FARKEL Geeeeeeeezzzzzzzzzzzzz!

I get my 2's mixed up a lot I know it.

to = do something ?

too = more ?

two = 1+1 ?

edittted just becuz

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit