How to tell family why you are no longer attending meetings?

by El_Guapo 33 Replies latest jw friends

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

My dad (elder) asked me about a year ago why I kept telling the elders in my cong. that I didn't want to be named an elder. I said that the Judicial committe arrangement is a deal-breaker for me.

I've made my dad promise that if he ever hears of a case of child molestation that he will call the police first, not WT Legal Department. As long as WT insists that elders call Legal Dept rather than call the police, I made it clear to my parents that I don't want anything to do with WT. Then if WT would change that policy, there are a list of others that also need to be changed.

• finally awake
    finally awake

I'd tell Mom that her sources must be trying to stir up trouble. You've been at every meeting, you've been busy in service, and you have no idea why someone would tell her otherwise.

• whathappened
    whathappened

You have been stumbled, slandered, don't want to cause devisions in the congregation. Can't discuss it because the other party is a very prominent person in the congregation. (it could be considered gossip or slander, since there are not two witnesses.) You are taking the matter to Jehovah in prayer and taking a waiting attitude.

• El_Guapo
    El_Guapo

So I took the advice here and blamed being stumbled by an elder as the reason why I am no longer going to meetings. I told my parents, it got to My brother and he (elder) has labeled me as an apostate when I said that Jah blesses all those who have a sincere heart not just those who go to meetings. I cited Matthew 18:20 and he said that was the text a person in his cong who DA'ed himself used. I told him as an elder, you need to read 1. Cor 13 THE WHOLE CHAPTER and pray on it. He said you are turning your back on Jah.... "If walks like a duck, swims like a duck, sounds like a duck....

Not suprised coming from a regular pioneer elder.

What a douche.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit