Watchtower Cult Shuts Down Websites To Coverup Pedophilia Letters

by Bangalore 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

Watchtower Cult Shuts Down Websites To Coverup Pedophilia Letters.

http://www.cyberwarzone.com/watchtower-cult-shuts-down-websites-coverup-pedophilia-letters

Bangalore

• Refriedtruth
    Refriedtruth

Good to know

• Change Name
    Change Name

Hi there

Are people so bent on "exposing" Jehovah's Witnesses that they cannot see the dishonestly of that article you posted?

"Just when you thought it was safe to call watchtower a done deal it seems watchtower is going on a mission to tell the body of elders in a series of letters to basically cover up any illegal activity within the organization and then tell the elders to destroy the letters once they have read them."

What does this mean? What does this person mean when he thought it was "safe to call Watchtower a done deal"? Why does this person claim that the WTBTS covers up illegal activity by telling the elders to destroy the letters once they have read them. Where is the cover up? This person is being rather dishonest in his approach to the JWs.

This person does quote the letter below here

“1. This letter updates the letters to all bodies of elders regarding child abuse dated March 23, 1992; February 3, 1993; August 1, 1995; March 14, 1997; July 20, 1998; May 24, 2002; April 1, 2004; June 5, 2006; and May 24, 2010. Those letters should be removed from the congregation permanent file of policy letters and be destroyed. No one should keep originals or copies of any of those letters.”

Obviously telling someone to destroy a document regarding Child Abuse is not only suspicious but illegal.

Can't people see that this person is being dishonest by making a statement like this? The new letter updates all the listed letters regarding how to hand a child abuse situation within the congregation. There is nothing illegal or suspicious about destroying the older letters. But this person directs the reader to make an assumption that the elders are destroying letters that implicate others in the congregation of child molestation.

Again the purpose of this statement is to lead the reader to believe the JW's are talking about a 17 year old and a 45 year old. The JW's are talking about teenagers, not young children. Teenagers 17, 18, 19...

Now lets move on to the next brilliant watchtower letter telling elders how to hide or manage digital information that may have illegal or legally sensitive information.

“What should never be stored online? Any information of a sensitive or confidential nature, including judicial matters, should not be stored online or be distributed electronically. The same is true for documents already available on the jw.org Web site.”

This is the silliest thing I have ever heard. Some JW congregations use the web to store their documents. I am assuming these documents are sensitive in nature like accounts and personal information about the people in the congregation. Why would anybody want to make this type of information accessable to the public? Again, dishonestly the author leads the reader to believe that this information is illegal.

And you people want me to believe your accusations against Jehovah's Witnesses with garbage like that?

But wait it gets better. According to the watchtower the document is saying in black and white that basically, it is not child molestation, as long as the person is approaching adulthood and is a willing participant. The reality is Children are not capable of making adult sexual decisions with an adult.

“In harmony with these references, we are herein discussing sexual perversion in which children are the object of sexual abuse, including fondling, by an adult. We are not discussing a situation wherein a minor who is a willing participant and who is approaching adulthood has sexual relations with an adult who is a few years older than the minor nor, generally speaking, are we discussing situations in which only minors are involved. Rather, we are referring to situations in which it is established that an adult brother or sister has been guilty of sexually abusing a young child or has been sexually involved with a minor who is approaching adulthood and who was not a willing participant.”

• new22day
    new22day

Why advise the elders to throw away anything? It is what it is, right. If there's nothing to hide, no worries. Own it.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I thought the article was probably a good example of how people not in the know will perceive the actions of the WT. I now have my doubts and think there is a good chance this is motivated by trying to make the WT look as bad as possible.

The truth is they have always asked for old letters to be removed once new procedures are in place, whatever the subject, otherwise Johnny Numbnuts the Elder whips out the first letter he finds and acts according to that not noticing it bears the date 1943.

The WT's motive may also include having nothing that exposes them to litigation in the future readily available. For instance, someone bringing a Law suit for a case of abuse 20 years ago may well need to prove what the WT's policy and practice was at the time to show their negligence.

No letter from the time makes that hard.

The problem of perception arises because the WT has a long history of lies and cover-ups . If we are going to accuse we need to get everything straight, and present it properly, or the JW Apologists will pick on small details of our presentation to deflect attention from:

THE HUGE SCANDAL OF THE PAST AND ONGOING ABUSE OF THE VULNERABLE WITHIN THE WT/JW ORGANIZATION.

• cedars
    cedars

Change Name - you are singling out a negative article written by someone who (as Phizzy has pointed out) clearly knows little or nothing about Jehovah's Witnesses. I personally agree that there is nothing unusual or sinister in having out-dated letters destroyed for the obvious purpose of ensuring that previous obsolete instructions aren't mistakenly acted upon. It WOULD be mysterious or sinister to request that THIS letter be destroyed after the instructions are verbally relayed, but that is clearly not the case.

If you want to critique an article on the October 1st letter (which you display a willingness to defend) that is actually written by a JW, by all means critique mine.

Cedars

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

Nothing on the linked sight can or does make claim to being by or from ex JWs. The site itself is dedicated to far far more than exposing the Watchtower.

One thing i noted when begining my journey from apologist for the WT to 'apostate' was that not everything written to expose the WT is true, or worded correctly, or accurate.

But an awful lot is.

There is far more to the whole child abuse issue than change name knows. In fact, there is so much that name change does not know about the WT and JWs that i think he/she should get baptized and hang with them for 30 years...then they will be able to tell us off with real experience and not presumptions and assumptions.

Oz

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

Change Name...

I don't think you'll find too much disagreement with what you've stated about replacing older instructions with updated instructions. However, if the primary purpose is to hide the way things have been done before a particular statute of limitations expires, then that's extremely dishonest and sinister...

Many of us on this board possess physical evidence that clearly proves that the Watchtower Corporation has been guilty about repeatedly lying and covering up its dark past. One of the ways they've been to successfully do that is by sending BOE letters instructing them to destroy or discard certain literature or older letters.

By doing that, they have been able to misrepresent what they actually predicted would happen in 1914... also, they've been able to successfully deny that they have never claimed to be inspired (when they actually did), and they've been able to hide all of their ridiculous teachings, flip-flops and false predictions about Armageddon. All of this has been possible thanks to these BOEs that have essentially instructed elders worldwide to grab shovels and bury the past...

just saying...

CA...

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Just one instance of their attempt to hide the past teaching that should give pause for thought to any JW.

They gave instructions that all copies of the old 1950's book "From Paradise Lost to Paradise Regained" , the peachy coloured book, should be collected together and returned to H.Q for pulping.

Why do that ? ( I never sent mine, I have it somewhere still I believe).

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

ok phizzy, now you know you will be asked for that in writing don't you?...

Oz

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit