Help with part on service meeting.

by msconcerned 20 Replies latest watchtower bible

• msconcerned
    msconcerned

Hello all i have the part in the yearbook and cannot find anything on the "smear campaign" and "media attack" on the witnesses in norway. Any ideas? I have googled all kinds of inquiries and came up with nothin.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

Could it be that it was made up in the minds of JW's with a persecution complex?

• dinah
    dinah

Tell them about Malawi.

• msconcerned
    msconcerned

Yeah i just want to add more info than what we normally get. I will keep looking.

• whathappened
    whathappened

I think Cedars covered that on www.jwsurvey.com. It is on you tube and there was a thread here, I believe started by Cedars. Search for it.

• msconcerned
    msconcerned

Thanks ok

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

Mid and late '80s. Ex-JWs appeared on national television saying they had been df'ed for not having beaten their children enough. Newspapers and periodicals followed up. Children of JWs were beaten and ridiculed at school by others because of this, grown-ups had tough time at work etc. A few JWs were beaten up in service. Meetings were held between branch and authorities and it eventually died out. But it took years before magazine circulation reached previous amount. Studies dropped out, meeting attendance decreased.

• 88JM
    88JM

Is it this one? But the newspaper campaign was in 2012?

Down the page under the heading: "In the Norwegian media spotlight":

http://jwsurvey.org/child-abuse-2/bo-juel-jensen-could-he-be-watchtowers-worst-nightmare

• msconcerned
    msconcerned

Nope apparently this happened fron 1989-1993.

• blondie
    blondie

I pulled up the 2013 YB and could not find anything about a smear campaign in Norway. Can you give the reference, page? Or is it in the 2012 YB?

I checked the WT-CD through 2012 as well.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit