I could see myself following this Jesus

by EntirelyPossible 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

http://www.hulu.com/watch/457671#i1,p0,d1

It's a slightly less violent version of Passion of the Christ. Djesus Unchained.

• Gopher
    Gopher

Djesus Uncrossed. He kicks some Roman booty.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

The Brad Pitt impersonation was hilarious.

• fizzywiglet
    fizzywiglet

Per Pastor Mark Driscoll (I do not endorse his viewpoint at all, just laughing since it seems he got his wish):

"There is a strong drift toward the hard theological left. Some emergent types [want] to recast Jesus as a limp-wrist hippie in a dress with a lot of product in His hair, who drank decaf and made pithy Zen statements about life while shopping for the perfect pair of shoes. In Revelation, Jesus is a pride fighter with a tattoo down His leg, a sword in His hand and the commitment to make someone bleed. That is a guy I can worship. I cannot worship the hippie, diaper, halo Christ because I cannot worship a guy I can beat up."

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

That reminds me of Cal Naughton Jr....."I like to party so I like my Jesus to party".

Now I want a tuxedo t-shirt. It says I want to be formal, but I'm here to party.

• designs
    designs

The Pastor Mark Driscoll take is why I eventually just had to give up on Jesus altogether,. The Jesus of Revelations is just not someone I could ever admire- creating a holocaust for the human race because they do X and not Y is not someone I want as a higher power.

• d
    d

This is just too funny.This is angry Jesus seeking revenge.

• tec
    tec

Can't see the link in Canada.

Question: How can a person give up on Christ because of some other guys intepretation of Him?

Peace,

tammy

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

That's a pretty impressive Djesus!

• Gopher
    Gopher

Question: How can a person give up on Christ because of some other guys intepretation of Him?

That, my friend Tammy, could be the subject of a whole new, long discussion thread.

I'll just say that the question could also be posed on the "entrance" side of Jesus-belief: Some folks start believing in Jesus because they're impressed by someone preaching about him. So it can probably work in reverse, as well.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit