Purging.....It feels soo good.

by dazed but not confused 29 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Glander
    Glander

Try the 1 day olive oil and lemon juice purge. Be prepared, you will see things that you ate 5 years ago.

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

Glander- I will take your word for it

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

I threw out all my JW crap when I was packing up to leave my mom's house. Only thing I kept was my NWT bible that was bound with the reasoning book and the reference Bible.

I even threw away my pioneer school book as well as the pioneer school photos.

• Ding
    Ding

If you have any rare WT books, consider saving them.

When JWs deny that the WT said something bizarre, it's nice to be able to pull out the original and show it to them.

Even if they try to pass it off as old light, there's something about seeing it in print that makes it hard to dismiss so easily.

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

Ding -

My wife said something similar, since people are always looking for older publications.

I didn't have anything rare. I had the revised copy of the Revelation book which is the oldest book I had. All the other crap was newer.

• Glander
    Glander

My initial purge was in 1981 when I had a sort of ceremonial sacrifice of 5 years worth of judicial committee notes. My Weber BBQ was the altar.

A couple of years later I spent a couple of hours setting on the carpet in front of my fireplace tossing my personal "library" into the flames. Mid winter and I almost got a sunburn from the heat.

• Pickler
    Pickler

I left all my JW stuff on the side of the road

there are a few things I wish I kept. The program for an assembly where there was a talk "guard against the sin of independent thinking" because my husband refused to believe there ever was such a talk, and I'm sure there was.

JWs have such selective memories, I got a letter calling me a demonized spawn of satan, I wish I had kept that!

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Them things have demunz! Just be careful that smurfs don't try to sneak the litteratrash back into your home.

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

I'll keep an eye out!

• FreeGirl2006
    FreeGirl2006

I lost all the literature in the divorce...it felt good to be rid of all that baggage weighing me down!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit