Freinds, how many do you have ?

by Satanus 32 Replies latest jw friends

• clarity
    clarity

Satanus....

Friends, ... well I had 2 real close friends for 40 yrs.

>

Not anymore! What can I say ....... I DF'd them!

>

All the rest were the 'commanded to love them' kind.

Some I really like and occasionally get to speak briefly

with them (this could end at any time, due to the

'commanded to hate them' thingy!)

>

Now I have the lovely beginnings of new friends.

These are quite wonderful as I am now ........ me!

Not just some advertisement for the watchtower!

>

clarity

• moshe
    moshe

A true friend is someone who you can borrow a $100 from, no questions asked-- so in answer to that question-- one for sure and two or three maybes.

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

^^^^I'm with Moshe. I have 2-3 of these not including my wife. Unconditional types.

Friendship is a word that has been bastardized. It exists on tiers. The tier that matters the most, is the one where if you get one or two that are like family and love you unconditionally, you are very rich.

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

...not sure that I have any 'friends'. I am talking about people who are more than acquaintances. I know a lot of people, but very few... heck... NONE are really close.

I've joined a group locally that is aimed at inventors. They meet once a month. I hang out before during and after the meetings. A few people venture over to try to engage me in conversation, but the one or two that I know from elsewhere get snagged by others, and I am left alone again.

I have co-workers at work. Not friends, but co-workers.

Nope. No one that I would consider a 'friend'.

I'm a good listener - but that isn't much. I know others come to me and start blathering about their problems or whatever. I just go ' ummhumm', 'I see', etc.

However, whenever I try the same thing with them, they don't have the time, or change the subject to focus on them and their problems.

It's okay, I suppose. I've never really had any close friends - and probably wouldn't know what to do with one.

Regards,

Jim TX

• Satanus
    Satanus

Interesting comments, all. Thanks. I just moved, again. So, i'm starting over,, again. I made 2 or 3 friends at my previous place, within a 2 yr period. Then i left them, when i moved:(

I think that friends just happen. You can't say he/she will be my friend. You can try, but ya never know. I am basically friendly and personable w everyone. If a friend happens, then it happens, imo. I think the 150 number is the maximum possible for a super well adjusted person.

S

• finally awake
    finally awake

I have one real friend who I can trust with anything - he's proven that he'll be there for me no matter what. I have coworkers, casual acquaintances, and a few people I feel comfortable with socially. I can talk to anyone, strike up a conversation with just about any random person I encounter. But I am really really bad at developing deeper relationships.

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

I have so many friends that I can't even count them. However they're all slotted into divisions in my head that demarcate how close I am to them. The divisions aren't static and they (my friends) will sometimes be allowed to move back and forth between them. Being in the close-in tight division means we're really close and most people that are there never leave because they've been vetted severely and found to be reliable and trustworthy.

I also have a divsion for "internet persona friends" based obviously not on the real person but the persona that they hide behind.

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

my dog

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

Jesus loves me, everyone else thinks I'm an asshole.

• kokyong.soon3
    kokyong.soon3

The only friend I have is myself

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit