Questions about Satanism and the Occult

by Ashraven 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Ashraven
    Ashraven

Gotcha, not really sure about those eagles lyrics...

Xander, there is no confusion between Satanism and hedonism. Of course you are going to get similarities when defining the two from within the pages of a dictionary, however, again, those who practice know the meaning, it’s origins, etc. Pleasure, alone, can also take on many meanings. It depends on exactly what a person derives pleasure from...

The Eye – I have read a number of Crowley’s books. Talk about “mad genius”...

• Wolfy
    Wolfy

I haven't been on here in a long time but I thought I would pop in and this thread interested me..

I know I will probably be flamed or my experience discounted but I did have some very strange experiences when I was a teen....Here goes

I used to spend alot of time at my best friends house...Grew up with the guy and worked for his Dad.His GrandMa lived with them and was not a Witness..She was a Pentecostal I believe.She would always talk to herself or so we thought. Strange things were happening in the house that to this day I am totally unable to explain. My friend's Dad would be working on his Mac and put a floppy into the computer save a file and hit the eject button. He goes to grab the floppy and it goes back in by itself. Almost like a game..I saw this with my own eyes....He grabbed a Bible and with one hand on the Bible then he could get the disk....My friend had a glass mirror with a tongue on it..I think it was a copy of a Rolling Stones album cover.....Anyways..We tried to break the damn thing..It was glass and we could not break the glass.My buddy would get a bloody nose when he was holding it(That is why we thought something was wrong with it).I took a damn hammer to the thing ..nothing...We threw it into the lake.

My Dad was an Elder in the Hall....The Elders went over and some really freaky stuff happened...My friend was there at the time..They removed some old rifles that belong to the Grandmother...My Dad said they were really old and in excellent shape..When they were removing them from the room the light in the room turned bright red..I shit you not....It all came down to the fact that the Grandmother was a Witch and the Grandfather a Warlock....When we thought she was talking to herself she says she is talking to her late husband...They ended up putting her in a home.

Another weird thing...Not long before all this happened my friends bro got totally freaked out....I mean he was really scared..He had been at home with his Grandmother when two men came to visit..They were from the local Masonic Lodge of which her late husband had been a member..They took a picture of her and talked to her a bit. They said that they were watching over her...Totally freaked out my friends bro...I have seldom seen a person scared like that..

BTW..The old house she used to live in was way out in the country...The barn caught fire and burned to the ground..The barn was close to the house and the house was old..The house wasn't even singed..The fire department could not understand why the house did not catch too...My friends parents went through the house and found a cloak in the bottom of a box in the cellar..It had a Masonic ensignia.....My buddy said they tried to burn it but it would not burn...Poured gas on it...Nadahh...Ended up burying it

Alot of weird things that have happened in my family as well ...Alot of my relatives are not or have never been JW's but they experienced things especially in the house my Mum grew up in that have no easy explanation....They get uncomfortable talking about it...

After all the weird stuff that happened at my buddy's house I would get a really intense headache if I picked up something that was for the lack of a better word "demonic"...Tapes,books,movie boxes..All kinds of stuff..It gradually went away after a few years..

Most of you are probably saying B****hit but these are things that actually happened in my life and in the lives of friends close too me.I feel that from personal experience that there is something out there but I am not really sure what it is....Thoughts?

I haven't been here in a long time...I will try to pop back in more often..

Wolfy

"Always tell the truth. That way, you don't have to remember what you said."
    -Mark Twain

• gotcha
    gotcha

interesting...sometimes it gets me thinking that people in the 'west'/us/europe experience less of these kind of things coz from where im from (philippines) let's speak of asia those things are somewhat common..even if our country is predominantly catholic, people would tend to believe in those stuff they actually mix it would catholicism making it folk catholicism...especially in the provinces...one could even go to the 'local version of witches' to cast a curse on a person..
    as for me, i do believe in these stuff but im too scared to learn more about it..like opening third eye scares the shit out of me...but there's actually a subject offered in school which does that kind of stuff....

• Ashraven
    Ashraven

Wolfy, I believe you. There are so many things that happen to people in their lifetimes that after awhile, I've decided to question nothing anymore. Growing up I was taught that if you opened the doorway for the "demons" to come in, they would, and we should safeguard ourselves against this/that, blah, blah, blah...

However, after studying, examining and learning about these things that used to scare the shit out of me, I discovered that there really is nothing to be afraid of. What was once unknown or forbidden to delve into has now clarified a lot of questions I once had. Gotcha, in the same sense, I can understand the fear in which you speak of. After being brainwashed for years, I at forst thought to myself, "What you you doing?" But there were things that I wanted to know about, so after my mother died, I got my "get-out-of-jail-free" card, got out of the congregation, and went exploring...and I found a whole new world, and I had a lot of questions...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit