April 2013 Our Kingdom Ministry and other files

by Atlantis 34 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Emery
    Emery

I really think there should be a huge campaign for all of us to visit halls where nobody knows us and partake to cause a major inflation. The 2014 Year book would be grand to look at.

• Mum
    Mum

If it were possible to add up the number of individual partakers since the beginning of the organization when C.T. Russell was in charge, I wonder if the total would add up to more than 144,000. Does anyone have statistics to enlighten us on this?

When they all get to heaven, won't there be too many Americans, too many people born after 1879? Of the billions of people who have lived on this planet, the ones who were lucky here are also the ones who will be in heaven, according to JW theology.

Regards,

SandraC

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Noticed in the new 2013 Memorial Talk outline that WT will still boast how many attended the memorial the previous year but no mention will be made of the high number of partakers-apparently too embarrassed by the year after year increases!

I also noticed these jaw-dropping demands the speaker will make in an effort to curtail increase of partakers:

-However, those with the earthly hope do not partake of the emblems, Why not?

-Those who partake of the bread and the wine tonight should be only the few remaining ones of that number who will rule with Christ in heaven

-Those with the earthly hope will no longer observe the Memorial-Will not partake of the emblems then, so do not partake now!

-You must obey the rules of the household (1Ti 3:14, 15)

• Bobcat
    Bobcat

JWGoneBad:

Noticed in the new 2013 Memorial Talk outline that WT will still boast how many attended the memorial the previous year but no mention will be made of the high number of partakers-apparently too embarrassed by the year after year increases!

It has always been distorted, even when they announced previous years partakers.

When the partaker tally is made, only those who are possible prospects (known baptized JWs) are counted. The attendance count for the past year is actual in attendance. But the partaker count is much less than how many actually partook. Thus, the numbers were always skewed to make it look like few were partaking.

Incidentally, on my last Memorial talk (a few years ago now), when I got to the part where I was to mention the previous years partakers, I added that probably many more partook that were not counted and that the ratio of observers to partakers wasn't quite so extreme. I was already then seeing some of the dubiousness of the outline.

• factfinder
    factfinder

thank you Atlantis, Vulcan and Petra!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit