When some of the old time JW's time is up i wonder what they think in their private moments.

by karter 44 Replies latest jw experiences

• karter
    karter

We had an old time JW pass away recently he lived his entire life lie the new system was going to be here tomorrow.

He was a gillard grad and went on to be missionry in west Africa.

Came back home when wife got pregent(they eventuly had 3 children) ,sold everything pre 75 to see the system out and pioneer then had to work his butt off to rebuild his finances and put a roof over his familys head.

He retired and became a CO till his wifes health could no longer alow it.

He got a treminal illness and i wonder in his quiter moments did he think ....".ive lived my entire life for a dream that never came true"

He's only one of many i see,Their lives comming to an end and the new system is no closer than it was when they started.

Karter.

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5

A few were talking at a witnessing group a while back about world conditions, the system, how close Armageddon is and so on. A very elderly sister who is extremely spiritual/loyal to the org, said that Jehovah's people have been preaching for so long that he has to end it soon, just for his own reputations sake. I though that was fascinating but also a bit sad.

I think many elderly would not have contemplated death, expecting amargeddon first. My grandmother in her late sixties is in this category for sure.

I do think that this old generation is the last that will put up with it for this long. When the current 30 -45 year olds are 65+, I think the sense of urgency drum will have been beaten to death. Hopefully it will be even sooner.

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Karter>>>>>I honestly wonder too.

I honestly feel devastated that anyone is still a JW and getting their brains sucked out.

Just Lois

• trujw
    trujw

It is becoming the Catholic Church with a cult twist. Think about it less meetings, smaller magazines, 30 hours pioneers. Many Catholics do the communion and they feel good and saved. Ask a catholic about doctrine and most don't really know. Jws are doing the rosary aka field service sit at a boring meeting then hey what's for lunch! we did are duty.

• zeb
    zeb

and they never learned trades, graduated or had a useful hobby.

You make avery very defining point.

and where are the ones who pushed the 1975 line.? Are they still living the good life in Bethel?

I am thankful I never believed that. "For no man knows the hour nor the day" said Jesus.

• trujw
    trujw

It is becoming the Catholic Church with a cult twist. Think about it less meetings, smaller magazines, 30 hours pioneers. Many Catholics do the communion and they feel good and saved. Ask a catholic about doctrine and most don't really know. Jws are doing the rosary aka field service sit at a boring meeting then hey what's for lunch! we did are duty.

• zeb
    zeb

trujw you have apm from zeb

• a watcher
    a watcher

I think they regret not living long enough to be an eyewitness to Jehovah's magnificence during the Great Tribulation.

• ruderedhead
    ruderedhead

That is just too sad to think about. His life was stolen from him.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Sometimes " The Truth " is a bitter pill to swallow.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit