[email protected] SEND YOUR COMPLAINTS HERE

by thewiz 25 Replies latest jw friends

• waiting
    waiting

zev!

maybe i know how, maybe i don't.
    Surely somebody hasn't made a straight (behaving) man out of you! I didn't know that redheads had a straight (again behaving) bone in their body!

And I am joking

waiting

• Jourles
    Jourles

Ok people, here is what the WTS is and is not running:

* + 130.94.149.224 watchtower.net
    |___ 21 File Transfer Protocol [Control]
    |___ 220 watchtower.net ftp server (Version 5.4.4) ready...
    |___ 22 SSH Remote Login Protocol
    |___ SSH-1.99-OpenSSH_3.0.2p1.
    |___ 23 Telnet
    |___ ..%
    |___ 25 Simple Mail Transfer
    |___ 26
    |___ 220 watchtower.net ESMTP Sendmail 8.11.6 ready at Mon, 1 Apr 2002 23:43:48 GMT
    |___ 79 Finger
    |___ must provide username...
    |___ 80 World Wide Web HTTP
    |___ HTTP/1.1 200 OK..Date: Mon, 01 Apr 2002 23:43:51 GMT..Server: Apache/1.3.22 OpenSSL/0.9.6c (Unix) PHP/4.0.6..Last-Modified: Thu
    |___ 100 [unauthorized use]
    |___ 106 3COM-TSMUX
    |___ 200 watchtower.net poppassd 1.0.4 starting, enter username..
    |___ 110 Post Office Protocol - Version 3
    |___ +OK Qpopper (version 4.0.3) at watchtower.net starting. ..
    |___ 119 Network News Transfer Protocol
    |___ Error: (2) Could not open config file /etc/vnews.conf.
    |___ 139 NETBIOS Session Service
    |___ 143 Internet Message Access Protocol
    |___ * OK [CAPABILITY IMAP4REV1 X-NETSCAPE LOGIN-REFERRALS STARTTLS AUTH=LOGIN] watchtower.net IMAP4rev1 2001.315 [i] at Mon, 1 Apr
    |___ 443 https MCom
    |___ 465 ssmtp
    |___ 513 remote login a la telnet;
    |___ 514 cmd
    |___ 992
    |___ 995 SSL based POP3
    |___ 993
    |___ * OK [CAPABILITY IMAP4REV1 X-NETSCAPE LOGIN-REFERRALS STARTTLS AUTH=LOGIN] watchtower.net IMAP4rev1 2001.315 [i] at Mon, 1 Apr
    |___ 2401 cvspserver
    |___ 3030
    |___ 3306
    |___ (....3.23.46.....n*#m#a@Z.,.................
    |___ 4040
    |___ 4574
    |___ 4996
    |___ 5050 multimedia conference control tool
    |___ 5150 Ascend Tunnel Management Protocol
    |___ ACE (Version 1.1.6) ready...
    |___ 5190 America-Online
    |___ 5540
    |___ 7070
    |___ 7878
    |___ 8080 Standard HTTP Proxy
    |___ 9090

I stopped at 10k. Their SMTP server is Sendmail 8.11.6 on port 25. Notice there is also a finger app running. Try probing some names and see what you get.

• thewiz
    thewiz

I have SATAN
    Security Administrator Tool for Analyzing Networks.
    COPS
    CRACKER
    and more...

I'm an on-and-off LINUX hacker.

fodeja
    for the life of me, I can't remember where to go to find that out. I know it's not that difficult because I've gone there or done that before.

to hack into a system just
    simply write a program that generates random characters in an infinite loop and have it record the successes to a file.

So, in this case since root is apparently not disabled, I would go after it first, and/or the ones Nemesis listed.

I would first use one of the simplist approaches, ftp. Which they probably have running. Once I got in I would go after the /etc/passwd or /etc/shadow file, ftp it back to me, change the motd file.

once that's done you run cops/cracker against it, to break the all other passwords.

I would also be inclined to run finger, which they probably also left running, to find out who was on the system.

but I don't do that kind of stuff. I just know how.

there are other means as well.

• COMF
    COMF

I don't spam anybody. Since I gave up Christianity my moral code has improved to the point that I deal with everyone in a principled manner.

Theocratic strategy? Nah. Agnostics have no god to lie for.

COMF

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

SYN; "'ll take your word for it. But aren't people smart enough to do things like that generally far too intelligent to be Dubs?"

Not sure whether you're joking, but intelligence and being a Dub are not linked. I have know very smart people who were Dubs, and those who were dumb as shit. I've known some IT guys who were obviously very bright, but, working as an Asst Manager of an IT department, whilst they all have a high level of technical knowledge about their speciality, that is something different from intelligence.

With being a Dub, it's critical thinking skills, access to information, and the ability to close read text that help set you free. I didn't get smart suddenly and then stop being a Dub, I got exposed to information.

As regards hacking the 'Tower, I have played with an idea where the Borg become the first web-based religion. They would use scriptual justification for making becoming a techno-hermit an ideal any good Witness would aspire to; subscribing to a heavily filtered and moitored webservice provided by the Borg, with a selective cable TV and radio service included, ordering goods and services online from (mostly) Borg approved outlets, incidental preaching online in chatrooms, working for the Borg as teleworkers for call-centres and such-like.

This would generate an income for the Borg as other revenues shrink, and increase the level of milleau control they can exercise; meetings could be online, all study material could be online, the webcams could be on 24-hours a day, everything about someone's life could be monitored by software that would alert Elders to infractions.

In this scenario, the people who had got out would be forced to try to hack in to help, and those growing up would be forced to hack out to get information with which they could free themselves.

• zev
    zev

waiting :

my lips are sealed

Unseen Apostate Directorate of North America
    U.A.D.N.A.--Rhode Island

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit